Sunday Lineup

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

INbuc

Sunday Lineup

Post by INbuc »

Alright, if Polanco starts today I give up.

1. After hitting over .300 (OPS over 1.000) in June and July, Polanco is hitting .140 in August with a .429 OPS (no homers).

2. For the season he is hitting .204 versus lefties.

3. Hurdle evidently has so little confidence in Polanco against Quintana that Polanco does not have a registered ab-bat against him in the 3 career games Quintana has pitched against them.

4. Despite Polanco’s rough August, he has played in every August game. He must be running on fumes.

Go ahead, play a Sunday lineup. Our rest-of-the-week lineup has mustered a whopping three runs in the last three games. Give Luplow a shot. Get Kevin Newman in the game.

But most of all, if Polanco starts today, this “analytics" justification is just another crock of BS.
Bobster21

Sunday Lineup

Post by Bobster21 »

Give up. ;)

1. Corey Dickerson (L) LF

2. Starling Marte (R) CF

3. Gregory Polanco (L) RF

4. David Freese (R) 3B

5. Elias Diaz (R) C

6. Josh Bell (S) 1B

7. Josh Harrison (R) 2B

8. Adeiny Hechavarria (R) SS

9. Jameson Taillon (R) P
Bobster21

Sunday Lineup

Post by Bobster21 »

51567A6D7B180 wrote: Alright, if Polanco starts today I give up.   

1. After hitting over .300 (OPS over 1.000) in June and July, Polanco is hitting .140 in August with a .429 OPS (no homers). 

2. For the season he is hitting .204 versus lefties.

3. Hurdle evidently has so little confidence in Polanco against Quintana that Polanco does not have a registered ab-bat against him in the 3 career games Quintana has pitched against them.

4. Despite Polanco’s rough August, he has played in every August game.  He must be running on fumes.

Go ahead, play a Sunday lineup.  Our rest-of-the-week lineup has mustered a whopping three runs in the last three games.  Give Luplow a shot.  Get Kevin Newman in the game. 

But most of all, if Polanco starts today, this “analytics" justification is just another crock of BS.

It's way too soon to expect anything to be done concerning Polanco. He was allowed to bat 2nd throughout a 6 week slump from 4/13-5/25 during which his slash line was .197/.304/.339/.643. And that coincided with Bell batting 4th thru 6/7 when his slash line was .237/.308/.371/.679, which was worse than Mercer who wasn't deemed worthy of hitting higher than 8th. Luckily, all those games with a seriously flawed lineup didn't count (I guess) anymore than losing the Holmes game. Polanco is now only in a 1-month slump so there's no rush to do anything about it.
INbuc

Sunday Lineup

Post by INbuc »

Hmmm. I am disappointed. Given the reasons I laid out, Hurdle's decision seems irrational...so I am not surprised he made it.

Now, Clint failed the analytics test, but I am also calling a 15 yard penalty on inconsistent application of the Resting Program. Polanco not only needs a day off, he justifies a cot in the dugout.

We have two .300 hitters up from Indy so rested and spry they should each be able to go 6 for 5 today. I will be watching. Maybe old Clint will prove me wrong? If Gregory is in the lineup I certainly will be rooting for him.
CarolinaBucco

Sunday Lineup

Post by CarolinaBucco »

Well, here we go again.

Another game vs. a lefty.

Quintana has NOT been good lately.

He has lost 3 of his last 4 starts, and he has been SHELLED in those 3 losses:

0-3

14.I IP

18 Hits

16 ER

10.21 ERA

So I fully expect him to coast through 6 shutout innings today.

Our offense is wretched ... and literally hopeless vs. lefties.
NJBucsFan

Sunday Lineup

Post by NJBucsFan »

No no no, not 1-0 again. I can't take that again.
SteadyFreddy

Sunday Lineup

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Has a team ever lost 3 1-0 games in a 4 game series before. I’m sure it probably has happened but it can’t be too often. The Bucs definitely in danger of having that happen this weekend.
rucker59@gmail.com

Sunday Lineup

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

Polanco blast a double scoring 1 and moving Marte to 3rd. No outs.

rucker59@gmail.com

Sunday Lineup

Bases loaded 1 out. Josh Bell up.

1-1
rucker59@gmail.com

Sunday Lineup

I’m putting my application in for the job of 3rd base coach for the Pirates. It’s seems to be a low stress job, kind of like being a weatherman - just take a guess.

As hard as runs are to come by, how you not force the Cubs to make a play at home plate?