Jack Herman .. Pirate 30th Rounder

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

steve49

Post by steve49 »

Now that we've been fleeced and are under .500 , i decided to try to find something positive. I came up with Jack Herman. He's said to have really good hitting tools , a strong arm and has run a 6.5. Here's a article written shortly after this year's draft. He's in the GCL... take a minute to look up his stats.

http://highschoolsports.nj.com/news/art ... ple-wrong/
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

Very interesting looking player Steve. Not really a big guy at 6' 190# but when you look at his stats he seems to have a decent awareness of the Kzone. As for power seems to have at least at this point some gap power and with the OPS he has he should be a run producer.

Looking at his fielding stats no errors but also no assists. Will have to wait and see what P2 and others like them seem to think. These guys have actually seen him or will do so I would think.

None of my comment considers if the GCL is a pitcher or hitters league. From his stats it seems to be a hitters league.

I would expect him to jump to Bristol next year which is what the Bucs usually do with guys his age. Especially guys like the Baz was handled his first two seasons with the Bucs.

Good guy to keep track of. Why not bookmark his GCL site with me and we can monitor him the rest of the season.

Here is his info: Jack Herman
steve49

Post by steve49 »

6F4E466F444C2B0 wrote: Very interesting looking player Steve.  Not really a big guy at 6'  190# but when you look at his stats he seems to have a decent awareness of the Kzone.  As for power seems to have at least at this point some gap power and with the OPS he has he should be a run producer.

Looking at his fielding stats no errors but also no assists. Will have to wait and see what P2 and others like them seem to think.  These guys have actually seen him or will do so I would think.

None of my comment considers if the GCL is a pitcher or hitters league.  From his stats it seems to be a hitters league.

I would expect him to jump to Bristol next year which is what the Bucs usually do with guys his age.  Especially guys like the Baz was handled his first two seasons with the Bucs.

Good guy to keep track of.  Why not bookmark his GCL site with me and we can monitor him the rest of the season.

Here is his info:  Jack Herman

Here is a video you might like. Looks to me very solid with some power.

https://2080baseball.com/draft-prospect ... ck-herman/
INbuc

Post by INbuc »

I do like that video. His batting cage swing looks good and he looks pretty well-built. But as they say "how does he hit when he doesn't know what's coming"? At .378 he is doing pretty well so far.

Good find.
steve49

Post by steve49 »

5D5A766177140 wrote: I do like that video.  His batting cage swing looks good and he looks pretty well-built.  But as they say "how does he hit when he doesn't know what's coming"?  At .378 he is doing pretty well so far.   

Good find.

Gracias
RichD

Post by RichD »

Next Mike Trout ;)
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

He just might be a player to watch as he advances through the Pirates’s minor league system.
OrlandoMerced

Post by OrlandoMerced »

I remember looking at what Mason Martin did in the GCL last year compared to top performers from the league in years past.

18 year olds tearing up the GCL is unfortunately not a great indicator of future prospect status. For context though, Herman's line is incredibly close to what Juan Soto did in the GCL, though Soto was 13 months younger. Martin on the other hand, was hitting .300 and mashing home runs, but striking out at twice the rate of the other two.