2. Starling Marte (R) CF

3. Jordan Luplow (R) LF

4. Josh Bell (S) 1B

5. Jose Osuna (R) 3B

6. Pablo Reyes (R) RF

7. Kevin Newman (R) SS

8. Jacob Stallings (R) C

9. Ivan Nova (R) P

Interesting lineup with the kids & Osuna playing 3B.
ChitownBucco

9/8 vs Miami

Post by ChitownBucco »

all home grown position players?
DemDog

9/8 vs Miami

Post by DemDog »

And the homegrown kids have us up 3-0 after 5! WooWho!
maher.timothy20@gm

9/8 vs Miami

Post by maher.timothy20@gm »

Nova looks like a pretty solid number five starter. I've been in favor of getting rid of him but now I'm not so sure.
maher.timothy20@gm

9/8 vs Miami

Post by maher.timothy20@gm »

And don't give up on Josh Bell either.
SteadyFreddy

9/8 vs Miami

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Maybe the Pirates will go on a run like Hurdle did when he was with the Rockies in 2004 I think it was when they won 21 of 22 and get the 2nd wildcard. On second thought probably not lol ;D
CarolinaBucco

9/8 vs Miami

Post by CarolinaBucco »

I would definitely NOT get rid of Nova. He is a solid MLB starter and would slot in as a No. 4 or 5 on a really good team. Maybe even on this team next year.

This franchise is desperate for more stating pitching depth, and I don't think we should be in a hurry to get rid of a solid veteran like Nova. This team cannot afford to be letting solid starting pitching walk out the door.
CarolinaBucco

9/8 vs Miami

Post by CarolinaBucco »

I don't understand why Nova is being taken out after 6 superb innings and just 90 pitches.
SteadyFreddy

9/8 vs Miami

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Not a big fan of Kevin Newman so far he looks like he can’t hit at all. I prefer he not go into next season as this teams starting Shortstop.
SteadyFreddy

9/8 vs Miami

Post by SteadyFreddy »

With the Pirates about to get back to .500 today at 71-71 with 20 games left now just think back to all the games Hurdle blew and this team gave away in the last 5-6 weeks. Even 4 or 5 more wins which should have been wins would still have kept this team in wildcard contention right now.