McCutchen a Yankee

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

JollyRoger

McCutchen a Yankee

Post by JollyRoger »

Gonna be weird to see Cutch in pinstripes. Traded to the Yanks for their #23 prospect
BenM

McCutchen a Yankee

Post by BenM »

Interesting. NY media had Clint Frazier rejoining the club. I also wonder if this is insurance in case Aaron Judge can't return.

No matter where he goes, I wish him the best.
NJBucsFan

McCutchen a Yankee

Post by NJBucsFan »

Nope. I could stomach the Giants, but I can't wish anyone the best as a Yankee.
DemDog

McCutchen a Yankee

Post by DemDog »

Great for Cutch! Would love to see him get a ring but with the Yankees? Yuck!!
Kovalwat

McCutchen a Yankee

Post by Kovalwat »

So, he is not good enough for our lineup, but the Yankees can use him???
mouse

McCutchen a Yankee

Post by mouse »

Good for him. He deserves a chance to (possibly) be in the playoffs again. Also, that stadium is smaller than either PNC or the Giants stadium. Some of those long fly balls may be home runs there.
notes34

McCutchen a Yankee

Post by notes34 »

57554F495F3A0 wrote: Good for him. He deserves a chance to (possibly) be in the playoffs again. Also, that stadium is smaller than either PNC or the Giants stadium. Some of those long fly balls may be home runs there.
I think he really surprises there. The Giants stadium is a death sentence for RH's. I looked over some of his numbers and they aren't as bad as it seems. OBP is still good. His average exit velocity is near his best seasons. Good for him. Not only will he be in a hitter friendly park but also have so much protection, he will see plenty of pitches to hit.
DemDog

McCutchen a Yankee

Post by DemDog »

25243F2E38787F4B0 wrote: Good for him. He deserves a chance to (possibly) be in the playoffs again. Also, that stadium is smaller than either PNC or the Giants stadium. Some of those long fly balls may be home runs there.
I think he really surprises there. The Giants stadium is a death sentence for RH's. I looked over some of his numbers and they aren't as bad as it seems. OBP is still good. His average exit velocity is near his best seasons. Good for him. Not only will he be in a hitter friendly park but also have so much protection, he will see plenty of pitches to hit.

This may give him a better opportunity to settle in as a DH in the AL. Could give a better shot at a big larger FA deal than he would be facing if he does well as a DH. For once in my life I have found a reason for the DH.
GermanTownship

McCutchen a Yankee

Post by GermanTownship »

This is not an attack on him. First of all, don't be surprised if he has a hard time finding a team that is, first of all good, but also not getting a contract, which in all probability will only be for one year. His days of getting the big money are behind him. Let's be realistic. If McCutchen was still with the Pirates, he would not have improved the record.
BenM

McCutchen a Yankee

Post by BenM »

Who is this man? I don't recognize him.

(I really hate facial hair rules.)