9/10 vs Cards

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster21

9/10 vs Cards

Post by Bobster21 »

All the young guys need a rest after yesterday's grueling rainout.

1. Adam Frazier (L) RF

2. Starling Marte (R) CF

3. Josh Bell (S) 1B

4. Francisco Cervelli (R) C

5. Corey Dickerson (L) LF

6. Josh Harrison (R) 2B

7. Colin Moran (L) 3B

8. Jordy Mercer (R) SS

9. Trevor Williams (R) P
IABucFan

9/10 vs Cards

Post by IABucFan »

I actually don't mind starting the regulars against St. Louis. I suspect they'll play against Milwaukee and Chicago, too. In my mind, that's the fair and right thing to do "for the good of the game." I'm all in favor of getting young guys playing time. But, with the Cards, Brewers, and Cubs all in pennant races, it doesn't seem right to play guys just up from AAA. Let's say the Pirates and Dodgers were swapped in the standings, and the Dodgers and a three game set against St. Louis. I'd want them to play their best players. So should we.
Ecbucs

9/10 vs Cards

Post by Ecbucs »

292122150326010E600 wrote: I actually don't mind starting the regulars against St. Louis. I suspect they'll play against Milwaukee and Chicago, too. In my mind, that's the fair and right thing to do "for the good of the game." I'm all in favor of getting young guys playing time. But, with the Cards, Brewers, and Cubs all in pennant races, it doesn't seem right to play guys just up from AAA. Let's say the Pirates and Dodgers were swapped in the standings, and the Dodgers and a three game set against St. Louis. I'd want them to play their best players. So should we.

At this stage of their careers I'm not sure Mercer or Harrison are the best players for their spots. I do agree in general that you need to try and beat the contenders.
SteadyFreddy

9/10 vs Cards

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Bucs up 3-0 on homers by Moran and Marte. If the Pirates somehow find a way to sweep this series which I don’t believe they will do they would possibly pull within 4-4.5 games of the 2nd wildcard with 17 games remaining. Not predicting anything crazy will happen just saying that the possibility still does exist.
maher.timothy20@gm

9/10 vs Cards

Post by maher.timothy20@gm »

Gotta win this one first. 4-4.
DemDog

9/10 vs Cards

Post by DemDog »

Man this Williams guy sucks. No way do we keep him around! ;D ;D ;D

His CY type performance since the AS break had to come to an end sometime. Now if he can hold them in check and the Bucs can score some runs things will be okay.
CarolinaBucco

9/10 vs Cards

Post by CarolinaBucco »

That game was the most Pirates thing ever, and the most Cardinals thing ever, all rolled into one.

CarolinaBucco

9/10 vs Cards

Post by CarolinaBucco »

In each of the Pirates last 3 losses, they have given up 4 runs in the 8th inning.

That's not a good business plan.
steve49

9/10 vs Cards

Post by steve49 »

54736266637E41756263637E070 wrote: Bucs up 3-0 on homers by Moran and Marte. If the Pirates somehow find a way to sweep this series which I don’t believe they will do they would possibly pull within 4-4.5 games of the 2nd wildcard with 17 games remaining. Not predicting anything crazy will happen just saying that the possibility still does exist.

You were kidding I hope. There is always a possibility until mathematically eliminated , but there was like 1/2 of 1% chance of the Pirates making the playoffs.
MaineBucs

9/10 vs Cards

Post by MaineBucs »

Tough to watch Santana melt down after he had been on such a strong run.

Pirates played a good game, but 2 bad innings (4 runs each) were too much to overcome. Sure would have been nice to see Bell's solid double off the wall in the 9th to end up as a HR in the bullpen.