5. Corey Dickerson (L) LF

6. Colin Moran (L) 3B

7. Kevin Newman (R) SS

8. Jacob Stallings (R) C

9. Trevor Williams (R) P
INbuc

Sunday 9/16 vs Brewers

Post by INbuc »

When Stallings was drafted I never thought he would play in a major league game. He has made himself into a reliable and respected organizational man. Maybe he will plate a few today?
BenM

Sunday 9/16 vs Brewers

Post by BenM »

I decided to listen to the Pirates and watch the Steelers today.

I should have gone the other way.

DemDog

Sunday 9/16 vs Brewers

Post by DemDog »

0522290A470 wrote: I decided to listen to the Pirates and watch the Steelers today.

Ben, you are committing the unpardonable sin on OBN. Watching the Stillers instead of the Pirates! ;D ;D
rucker59@gmail.com

Sunday 9/16 vs Brewers

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

Back-to-back solo shots in the bottom of the 9th.

3-2 Pirates.
Ecbucs

Sunday 9/16 vs Brewers

Post by Ecbucs »

4F485E56584F08047D5A505C5451135E52503D0 wrote: Back-to-back solo shots in the bottom of the 9th.

3-2 Pirates.

Vazquez just toying with Brew Crew.
Bobster21

Sunday 9/16 vs Brewers

Post by Bobster21 »

19383019323A5D0 wrote: I decided to listen to the Pirates and watch the Steelers today.

Ben, you are committing the unpardonable sin on OBN.  Watching the Stillers instead of the Pirates!   ;D ;D

I was multi-tasking. I had the Pirates on the computer (MLB.TV) and the Steelers on TV. It's looking like the Pirates may wind up with the better winning %.
DemDog

Sunday 9/16 vs Brewers

Post by DemDog »

Raise It!  Williams does his thing and in my opinion deserves at least a ton of votes for the NL Cy Young especially if he gets another win or two in the last couple weeks.  Guy has been dominant since the AS break and also a decent starter before.

WhooHoo for Kevin Kramer.  Guy can hit a bit.  Drives in the insurance run which ends up being the winner after Felipe gets my heart thumping really hard.

It is games like this that makes me such a big baseball fan and the Pirates in particular.

This big win today and the series win seems to have given me great satisfaction in this Pirates team. Yes they won't make the play-offs or maybe not even have a winning record. But the way they seem to have gotten growth out of the starting staff, and some of the kids and even vets recently will keep me coming back to them again and again even though they have the WMTIB (Worst Management Team In Baseball). Maybe I'm just too darn old to change my baseball rooting habits.
CarolinaBucco

Sunday 9/16 vs Brewers

Post by CarolinaBucco »

I think Vasquez is running on fumes at this point.

But hey, beat the obnoxious Brew Crew (AGAIN) ...

Brewers have played the Pirates 16 times this year ... and won 5.

Gotta love that!

Back to .500.

Would be a game over .500 if a home game vs. the Marlins with Williams on the mound had not been rained out.

Speaking of Williams ... WOW ... 6 more scoreless.

Nova and Williams were SUPERB back to back.
Bobster21

Sunday 9/16 vs Brewers

Post by Bobster21 »

78595178535B3C0 wrote: Raise It!  Williams does his thing and in my opinion deserves at least a ton of votes for the NL Cy Young especially if he gets another win or two in the last couple weeks.  Guy has been dominant since the AS break and also a decent starter before.

WhooHoo for Kevin Kramer.  Guy can hit a bit.  Drives in the insurance run which ends up being the winner after Felipe gets my heart thumping really hard.

It is games like this that makes me such a big baseball fan and the Pirates in particular.
Possum, you committed a Kevin infraction (KI). Newman drove in the insurance run. :)