Go Bucs.
Bobster21

9/25 vs Chicago

Post by Bobster21 »

Reyes again! Wow.
INbuc

9/25 vs Chicago

Post by INbuc »

Reyes was due...he hadn't homered in almost 24 hours!
Bobster21

9/25 vs Chicago

Post by Bobster21 »

93 wild pitches. In the dirt but off Cervelli's glove. I thought it was a PB.
johnfluharty

9/25 vs Chicago

Post by johnfluharty »

062B26373021367675440 wrote: 93 wild pitches. In the dirt but off Cervelli's glove. I thought it was a PB.

I'm wondering whether we have more at home or on the road. The official score decides whether it's a wild picture or a passed ball.
Bobster21

9/25 vs Chicago

Post by Bobster21 »

292C2B2D252F362B2231373A430 wrote: 93 wild pitches. In the dirt but off Cervelli's glove. I thought it was a PB.

I'm wondering whether we have more at home or on the road.  The official score decides whether it's a wild picture or a passed ball.
Yes, but would that matter? Home town scorers prefer to give their hitters hits rather than charging errors to the other team but would they have any reason to prefer charging a WP vs a PB?
johnfluharty

9/25 vs Chicago

Post by johnfluharty »

6B464B5A5D4C5B1B18290 wrote: 93 wild pitches. In the dirt but off Cervelli's glove. I thought it was a PB.

I'm wondering whether we have more at home or on the road.  The official score decides whether it's a wild picture or a passed ball.

Yes, but would that matter? Home town scorers prefer to give their hitters hits rather than charging errors to the other team but would they have any reason to prefer charging a WP vs a PB?

I honestly don't know, I'm curious to see what's a spit looks like because I've seen a lot of wild pitches that I would classify as passed balls.
rucker59@gmail.com

9/25 vs Chicago

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

5-0

Let’s Go Bucs!
Bobster21

9/25 vs Chicago

Post by Bobster21 »

626760666E647D60697A7C71080 wrote: 93 wild pitches. In the dirt but off Cervelli's glove. I thought it was a PB.

I honestly don't know, I'm curious to see what's a spit looks like because I've seen a lot of wild pitches that I would classify as passed balls.
I agree. It's certainly at the discretion of the scorer. Per baseball reference:

Cervelli: 4 PB home. 4 PB away.

Diaz, Stallings: 0 PB.

WP (before tonight): 46 home, 46 away.
CarolinaBucco

9/25 vs Chicago

Post by CarolinaBucco »

Reyes ... wow.

And Dear Baseball Gods PLEASE let this be the Chris Archer we get next season.