5. Corey Dickerson (L) LF

6. Pablo Reyes (R) 3B

7. Jordan Luplow (R) RF

8. Kevin Newman (R) SS

9. Ivan Nova (R) P
rucker59@gmail.com

9/26 vs Cubs

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

The Pirates are making the Brewers and Cubs work really hard. Great come back that falls just short.
CarolinaBucco

9/26 vs Cubs

Post by CarolinaBucco »

Yea I was proud of the team last night, of the comeback, of the effort. Wish they could have finished the job but man they made the Cubs sweat. Very impressive effort.

Would be so sweet to win tonight, take 3 of 4 from the Flubs, and get the 81st win to lock up a winning season. And for Trevor Williams to go out in style.
MaineBucs

9/26 vs Cubs

Post by MaineBucs »

Even if Williams again pitches brilliantly, one of the real difficulties as the season comes to a close is the lack of enough good arms in the pen.

On Tuesday, the Never Man (2 Innings) and Brault (1 inning) actually managed to pitch 3 innings of no run ball to close out a shut-out. Exactly how many times is that going to happen.

Santana and Kela are now out, Rodriguez has to be running out of gas, and Crick pitched last night (albeit a very efficient inning). Gotta hope that Williams can go 7 strong and that Crick and Vasquez are both available to close out a potential win.

As I didn't start watching last night's game until after 11 (recorded it) I pretty much decided to tune-out after the score was 6-2. But, I awoke from a burned out stupor and decided to watch the last 2 innings to see how the game ended. Low and behold the Bucs tie the score with 2 runs in each inning. Unfortunately, the Cubs win it in extra innings, but with how the Bucs have played them over their past 7 head-to-head games, the Cubs need to recognize that they are not all-world.

Go Bucs.