View of the Bucs from Philly . . .

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

DemDog

Post by DemDog »

While reading through MLBTRs I saw this link to an article in The Point of Pittsburgh. It was by a blogger from Philly who gives fans the view of the Bucs from outside the area. Found it interesting, especially the part about NH. He is saying something that many of the posters here at OBN have been saying for more than a few years. Read it and enjoy.

View on the Pirates from across the Keystone
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

67464E674C44230 wrote: While reading through MLBTRs I saw this link to an article in The Point of Pittsburgh.  It was by a blogger from Philly who gives fans the view of the Bucs from outside the area.  Found it interesting, especially the part about NH.  He is saying something that many of the posters here at OBN have been saying for more than a few years.  Read it and enjoy.

View on the Pirates from across the Keystone
I found this comment interesting:

"The team had one of its greatest stars ever in Andrew McCutchen in his prime and and Huntington failed to assemble a squad good enough to help that player get close to the playoffs, never making the moves necessary to get McCutchen in front of a national audience."

I guess he meant other than 2013, 2014 and 2015. ;)

OrlandoMerced

Post by OrlandoMerced »

Seems like a pretty uninformed series of takes.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

0F322C212E242F0D2532232524400 wrote: Seems like a pretty uninformed series of takes.

nice summary.

Its like the guy wrote everything from memory and it just proves he doesn't have a good memory.

I could write something similar for the Phillies:

Phillies suck and have sucked for awhile. They will try to spend a lot of money this off season to get better.
BenM

Post by BenM »

we consider our teams to be better than yours. Sometimes, it’s a fact (hello Penguins fans!)

I stopped reading after that sentence.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

06212A09440 wrote: we consider our teams to be better than yours. Sometimes, it’s a fact (hello Penguins fans!)

I stopped reading after that sentence.
Just ask them. Everyone is cheating against Philly.
PMike

Post by PMike »

684E4F584E5E2D0 wrote: Seems like a pretty uninformed series of takes.

nice summary. 

Its like the guy wrote everything from memory and it just proves he doesn't have a good memory.

I could write something similar for the Phillies:

Phillies suck and have sucked for awhile.  They will try to spend a lot of money this off season to get better.

He also forgot about Musgrove when talking about the rotation. That's a pretty big "forget." Also, I think his characterization of Frazier missed. Other than the first half of this year, Frazier has been a pretty good ball player at every level including the majors.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

We can be critical of the writer and he sure deserves it. But the one thing he agrees with us on is the abilities of NH to build the Pirates. I sure hope NH reads OBN and TPOP and realizes he is not so well thought of outside the offices of TBMTIB.
Quail

Post by Quail »

Thanks Possum! I enjoyed the article and its embarrassingly uninformed naivete concerning the Pirates. Oh sure, fire NH and get creative in free agency ;D