Braves Moves

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SCBucco

Braves Moves

Post by SCBucco »

Signed Brian McCann back and then announced a one-year $23 million deal to sign Josh Donaldson.
Bobster21

Braves Moves

Post by Bobster21 »

0717162137373B540 wrote: Signed Brian McCann back and then announced a one-year $23 million deal to sign Josh Donaldson.

I find this article bizzare. Donaldson will be 33 and injured the past 2 years. The article gushes over what a bargain 23 million is for the Braves because they didn't have to give him a multi-year deal and says if he has a good season he can get more next year. It just shows how MLB salaries are like Monopoly money. It's just a number. Seems to me the Bravres are taking a huge chance committing 23 million to a 33 year old, oft injured player. But this is not even considered big money, which the article says he might get the next year.
RichD

Braves Moves

Post by RichD »

Braves have a really nice team. Josh will have an awesome season, just watch . Back in the day they always made the right moves . Seems like the are back to the old ways. Strong scouting and solid ownership etc.
SCBucco

Braves Moves

Post by SCBucco »

684548595E4F58181B2A0 wrote: Signed Brian McCann back and then announced a one-year $23 million deal to sign Josh Donaldson.

I find this article bizzare. Donaldson will be 33 and injured the past 2 years. The article gushes over what a bargain 23 million is for the Braves because they didn't have to give him a multi-year deal and says if he has a good season he can get more next year. It just shows how MLB salaries are like Monopoly money. It's just a number. Seems to me the Bravres are taking a huge chance committing 23 million to  a 33 year old, oft injured player. But this is not even considered big money, which the article says he might get the next year.   

I'm trying to figure out this move. Camargo had a pretty darn good year in 2018. What do they do with him?

C - McCann

1B - Freeman

2B - Albies

SS - Swanson

3B - Donaldson/Camargo

RF - Duvall

CF - Inciarte

LF - Acuna

SP: Foltynewicz, Newcomb, Teheran, Gausman and ???

BP: Viscaino, Carle, Minter, Venters, Sobotka ...

nice lineup

At least they are only tied to McCann and Donaldson for one year. They are going for it now that Washington is a non factor. Interested to see how Philly counters since they are talking to Arizona about Goldschmidt.
OrlandoMerced

Braves Moves

Post by OrlandoMerced »

I think Camargo can play OF and replace Markakis.
BucsFaninGA

Braves Moves

Post by BucsFaninGA »

Camargo will be a super utility player for the hometown Braves, I live in greater Atlanta area....He can play SS, 3B, 2B and played a little in LF or RF last season. Nice player to have on your bench.

Braves are going to be a tough team if they can add a veteran like a Bumgarner or JA Happ to the rotation ...Meanwhile we do have out Bucs making some moves in Kang and Chisenhall. Hope they go after a real shortstop and a reliable Middle Reliever...

Beat'em Bucs
OrlandoMerced

Braves Moves

Post by OrlandoMerced »

https://www.ajc.com/sports/leadoff-how- ... A3kwlyNvO/

Whatever shenanigans the Braves got away with before the MLB made them forfeit some signings really paid off.
mouse

Braves Moves

Post by mouse »

I see they signed Josh Donaldson today. One year, 23 MM. I was across the room and thought for a moment I was seeing 2.3 MM. The MLB network guy clarified that pretty quickly, though, noting what a great deal it was.
SammyKhalifa

Braves Moves

Post by SammyKhalifa »

I guess it just shows how naive I am, but did not imagine that it would be anything close to that.