general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Piratefanbill

Potential d backs trade

Post by Piratefanbill »

CarolinaBucco

Potential d backs trade

Post by CarolinaBucco »

I'm 100% supportive of the concept of upgrading over Newman/Gonzalez. That is a MUST in my opinion.

But I'd rather sign a Gold Glove caliber, no-hit SS than trade for a Gold Glove, no-hit SS.

I would be perfectly fine with someone like Hechevarria. If we make a trade I'm worried that we would give away way too much after we just gave away way too much (see: Archer, Chris).

Ecbucs

Potential d backs trade

Post by Ecbucs »

if we trade for him I guess Newman might be player to go back to AZ.

I might make that deal straight up but wouldn't give up much more.
Quail

Potential d backs trade

Post by Quail »

587A69747772757A596E7878741B0 wrote: I'm 100% supportive of the concept of upgrading over Newman/Gonzalez. That is a MUST in my opinion.

But I'd rather sign a Gold Glove caliber, no-hit SS than trade for a Gold Glove, no-hit SS.

I would be perfectly fine with someone like Hechevarria. If we make a trade I'm worried that we would give away way too much after we just gave away way too much (see: Archer, Chris).

Yup. Sign Hechavarria. Why part with assets when you don't have to.
SCBucco

Potential d backs trade

Post by SCBucco »

Ahmed will come at a cost as far as assets going out. His BA sucks and so does his OBP, but power and glove are light years better than what we have had. It depends what goes back.

Love the Cervelli rumor. Stripling has four years of control at league minimum. If would be a typical Pirate move to unload salary, but you are getting back something of value.
notes34

Potential d backs trade

Post by notes34 »

4B5B5A6D7B7B77180 wrote: Ahmed will come at a cost as far as assets going out.  His BA sucks and so does his OBP, but power and glove are light years better than what we have had.  It depends what goes back.

Love the Cervelli rumor.  Stripling has four years of control at league minimum.  If would be a typical Pirate move to unload salary, but you are getting back something of value.
I'm not sure the Dodgers do that. I think they will look to unload Alex Wood. I would be ok with that move also.
notes34

Potential d backs trade

Post by notes34 »

I like Ahmed. He will immediately upgrade SS.
Roberto218

Potential d backs trade

Post by Roberto218 »

Ahmed won a gold glove and equaled Andrelton Simmons in defensive runs saved. 16 homers as well. Newman couldn't come close.
Bobster21

Potential d backs trade

Post by Bobster21 »

6855585F484E55080B023A0 wrote: Ahmed won a gold glove and equaled Andrelton Simmons in defensive runs saved. 16 homers as well. Newman couldn't come close.
16 HRs would have been 3rd on the Pirates.
Quail

Potential d backs trade

Post by Quail »

1F323F2E29382F6F6C5D0 wrote: Ahmed won a gold glove and equaled Andrelton Simmons in defensive runs saved. 16 homers as well. Newman couldn't come close.
16 HRs would have been 3rd on the Pirates.

I love his defense, but I have my doubts whether he'd have close to the same power numbers with the Pirates. In his career, he's feasted on pitching at Coors and Dodger Stadium. At PNC Park he's slashed .205/.263/.364 (BA/OBP/SLG); which is a lot like Hechavarria's numbers there: .233/.277/.395- in a similar number of games. Not sure I'd be willing to give up assets for Ahmed when Hech is available as a FA signing.