WHo is the #7 prospect for 2019

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

psuinpgh21

Post by psuinpgh21 »

Kevin Kramer wins the run-off. Added Steven Jennings to the poll by request. Always looking for addition requests Gage Hinsz pending, but I may hold off on him because I just don't think he's gonna get any votes for a while.

The results so far:

#1- Mitch Keller, 23 year-old RHSP, 2018- Altoona/Indy, shoud make MLB debut this year. 68.2% of the vote

#2- Ke'Bryan Hayes, 21 year-old 2x minor league gold glove 3B, Altoona in 2018, Probably Indy in 2019. 92.3% of the vote

#3- Cole Tucker, 22- year-old SS, Altoona in 2018, Altoona or Indy probably in 2019- 59.1% of the vote

#4- O'Neil Cruz, 21, probably too big to be a SS, probably blocked by KBH at 3rd, but a bat too good to be ignored. 48.1% of the vote.

#5- Travis Swaggerty, 21, CF, #1 draft pick, high upside. 83.7% of the vote

#6- Kevin Kramer, 25, 2B, made debut last year, should be a major contributor, especially if Frazier has to play OF. Won run-off for #6.
mouse

Post by mouse »

I'm surprised at Will Craig getting so much attention. He's always seemed like a quad-A player to me, and he plays first, which is the position where teams put people who hit well but don't seem to fit elsewhere. (Not well phrased, but what I am trying to say is it's the position perhaps of least value - a first baseman really has to stand out in order to catch a team's attention - the Pirates, for example, have him listed at 16 in their assessment of prospects). Just curious - what do people like about him?
sdimmick3

Post by sdimmick3 »

i didnt vote for him this high, but Craig seemingly has the ability to drive in runs, we cant say that about alot of Pirates these days. That could be why he's so high, plus he's a 1st rounder.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

I went with Brian Reynolds at #7 but have Craig slotted at #8. If Craig wins this poll I will not cry but will vote Reynolds at #8.
OrlandoMerced

Post by OrlandoMerced »

https://www.baseball-reference.com/regi ... d=d24a3141

Martin and Reynolds should both be considered better prospects than Craig.

I think Mitchell has far greater upside than any of those three. But if I were to rank those four it would be Mitchell, Reynolds, Martin, Craig.
psuinpgh21

Post by psuinpgh21 »

All tied up at the moment. If you're still deciding your vote could make the difference!