Cards@Pirates 4/1 Home Opener Game Thread...

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Frazier 2nd

Marte CF

Dickerson LF

Bell 1st

Cervelli C

Moran 3rd

Reyes RF

Gonzalez SS

Archer P

Surprised no Kang today but I guess his numbers against Wainwright aren’t very good.
mouse

Post by mouse »

They may also have wanted to keep Moran engaged, so those two factors together called for the substitution.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

Sure I wish I could be there to see one of my childhood heroes, Dick Groat, throw out the first pitch.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

52737B527971160 wrote: Sure I wish I could be there to see one of my childhood heroes, Dick Groat, throw out the first pitch.
I still can't believe Pitt basketball fired him. I mean, the team stinks, they don't need more public ill will like that,
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

I thought they could have handled letting Groat go a little bit better but as much I respect him and loved listening to him he became really hard to listen too over the last few years and it just felt like he was struggling all together which is no surprise at 88 years old.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Oh I agree, but I think with someone like him you let him pick his time (or at least tell him they're letting him go if he doesn't retire)
notes34

Post by notes34 »

7A5D4C484D506F5B4C4D4D50290 wrote: Frazier 2nd

Marte CF

Dickerson LF

Bell 1st

Cervelli C

Moran 3rd

Reyes RF

Gonzalez SS

Archer P

Surprised no Kang today but I guess his numbers against Wainwright aren’t very good.
Yeah that surprises me as well. I wouldn't take his bat out of the lineup.
dmetz

Post by dmetz »

Kang 1-9 vs Carpenter over 5 years.

Moran 1-2 with a HR last year.

9 at bats over 5 calendar years usually tells the tale.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

321504000518271304050518610 wrote: I thought they could have handled letting Groat go a little bit better but as much I respect him and loved listening to him he became really hard to listen too over the last few years and it just felt like he was struggling all together which is no surprise at 88 years old.

I agree with the way Groat was just kicked out the window. But I do say that he has been around a bit too long doing the Pitt BB color. He should have done like Myron Cope and just walked away when he no longer could do his color job in his usual great way. But it would have been great too if the Panthers would have had a special celebration for him at Sr night and planned to remember him with something at the Pete. Reminds me of the Buccos dumping The Gunner. [smiley=sad.gif] [smiley=sad.gif]
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Neither pitcher's exactly lighting up the strike zone early, are they?