Pirates acquire Chris Stratton.

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Stratton was DFA's by the Angels with an 8.59 ERA. He's been in 7 games and all of them were very bad. The deal was for "cash considerations." I'd rather see Brault and Kingham pitch.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

Well, he does meet the #1 requirement to be acquired by the Buccos. He's cheap! Making just above the MLB min salary.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

Well, he does meet the #1 requirement to be acquired by the Buccos. He's cheap! Making just above the MLB min salary. To TBMTIB talent doesn't matter but the salary does.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

I guess the Angels want cash instead of Clay Holmes.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

I am going to guess that whenever Stratton arrives, either Holmes or Neverauskas gets sent down. I hope they don’t send down DaRapu.
IABucFan

Post by IABucFan »

193439282F3E29696A5B0 wrote: Stratton was DFA's by the Angels with an 8.59 ERA. He's been in 7 games and all of them were very bad. The deal was for "cash considerations." I'd rather see Brault and Kingham pitch.

This definitely qualifies as a “meh” move. My bigger concern is this...what are they not saying about Kela, Burdi, and Taillon that they need to get this guy?
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

I saw where the Blue Jays traded for Edwin Jackson today. Not sure he'd be an upgrade, but I thought it was pretty interesting that this will be the 14th team he has played for (a record).
JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

This kind of move drives me crazy. What is the point of adding someone who has had little to no success. The Pitching staff especially the bullpen is currently in shambles due to injuries.

Miraculously the Bucs have kept their head above water.

Spend some friggin money and get some quality
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Who saw a week or so ago that this is where we'd be
Roberto218

Post by Roberto218 »

Stratton picked up the win today with a scoreless inning.