Seriously, what pitchers are available

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

BucsFaninGA

Post by BucsFaninGA »

I don't know about you, but I get the feeling the Front Office is going to have to bring in a starter. A number of you have contacts, frequent other sites. What is the scuttlebutt on available pitchers that the Bucs could look at and bring on board?

I am curious...Interested in a good positive conversation and not making jokes or putting someone down. Seriously, what have other fans heard?    8-)
Tintin

Post by Tintin »

Short of the Orioles, no one is going to come off a starter (Marlins guys are generally young and/or Prospects).

Chris Stratton is the kind of pitcher you are going to acquire. Guys that can go five or six are valuable commodities.

I’d bring up Keller for a couple of spot starts.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

What's the scoop on Dario Agrazal? His last start was crappy but before that rolled off several good ones in a row.
johnfluharty

Post by johnfluharty »

I think Agrazal needs a full season in AAA. His strike out rate has been low throughout his career. He definitely needs to master AAA before trying the majors.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Yeah I don't really know much about him other than the stats. I know that he was DFA'd last year so he must not be viewed in THAT high regard, but if he can give five innings or so that might be fine.