Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

IABucFan

Pirates acquire Yefry Ramirez

Post by IABucFan »

I don’t know who he is either.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

He's a 25 yr old RHP who wasn't good enough to pitch for the Orioles. The Pirates sent a player to be named later or cash considerations. Last year Ramirez was 1-8 with a 5.92 ERA. This year he hasn't been as "effective" as in 2018. He has a 6.97 ERA. He can both start or relieve as long as getting the other team out is not the goal. If he can just maintain that 6.97 ERA it will make him one of the best relievers in the Pirates' BP. But most importantly, he makes the minimum salary.
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

042924353223347477460 wrote: He's a 25 yr old RHP who wasn't good enough to pitch for the Orioles. The Pirates sent a player to be named later or cash considerations. Last year Ramirez was 1-8 with a 5.92 ERA. This year he hasn't been as "effective" as in 2018. He has a 6.97 ERA. He can both start or relieve as long as getting the other team out is not the goal. If he can just maintain that 6.97 ERA it will make him one of the best relievers in the Pirates' BP. But most importantly, he makes the minimum salary.

Who was the dude we got off the BLT scrap heap a few years ago that had a live arm but couldn't harness it in? Name escapes me, but he was a pretty significant prospect who couldn't get it going. This is who this cat reminds me of.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

AAA filler no doubt!