Agrazal to Start Saturday in Miami

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

ScottinMass

Post by ScottinMass »

Looks like Pirates are going with Dario Agrazal on Saturday in Miami. Who would have thought that is where this staff would be.

Anyway, hopefully he shows well.

I'm guessing Pirates will send Keller down for him (not sure who'll come off the 40-man for him), and then Williams will be back for Tuesday against Detroit (that is where Keller would be lined up).

With off days (6/17, 6/20, 6/24) Pirates would not need a 5th starter until 6/29 (if Brault stays in rotation). With Lyles due back soon, I think Keller will stay down for a while.

Just my guess.
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

07373B20203D3A19352727540 wrote: Looks like Pirates are going with Dario Agrazal on Saturday in Miami. Who would have thought that is where this staff would be.

Anyway, hopefully he shows well.

I'm guessing Pirates will send Keller down for him (not sure who'll come off the 40-man for him), and then Williams will be back for Tuesday against Detroit (that is where Keller would be lined up).

With off days (6/17, 6/20, 6/24) Pirates would not need a 5th starter until 6/29 (if Brault stays in rotation). With Lyles due back soon, I think Keller will stay down for a while.

Just my guess.

I'd rather him start against Miami or Detroit instead of what Keller had to start against. It's still doable. Can't believe this organization is in this mess. Well, actually, maybe I should.
MaineBucs

Post by MaineBucs »

Or, as Greg Brown likes to say (unfortunately not often enough so the team had more victories) ---

Canon Ball Coming
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Don’t send Keller down. Keep him up, and get him confidence. Send down Neverauskas to make space for Agrazal.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Nervaskas sent to Indy, and Kela to 60 day IL to make room for Agrazal.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Agrazal was optioned to Indy and the Pirates recalled RHP Yefry Ramirez. Ramirez was recently acquired from the Orioles for cash considerations. Considering his value, those considerations should be about 97 cents. Ramirez had a 6.97 ERA for the Orioles. The Orioles BP has been a disaster all year but Ramirez wasn't good enough to stick with them. At Indy since being acquired, his ERA is 6.00 with 9 IP, 13 hits, 6 ER, 8 total runs, 6 walks and 2 HRs. He managed all this carnage in just 5 games. So naturally, NH couldn't wait to promote him. He'll fit right in.

gileszee

Post by gileszee »

These moves are reminiscent of those made from the movie Major League. Are they trying to tank and move the team to Florida? Someone tell NH that they already have two teams down there.

Jezz...unreal how inept these moves are. >:(
mouse

Post by mouse »

I suspect these moves aren't part of some grand strategy. They are more geared to get fresh arms available for a given game.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Not to state the obvious here, but Agrazal is a starter while Ramirez is a relief pitcher who will take innings when we're up or (more likely) down by several runs. We have two starters coming back this week filling the rotation but I'm sure we'll see Agrazal again soon.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

43717D7D695B78717C797671100 wrote: Not to state the obvious here, but Agrazal is a starter while Ramirez is a relief pitcher who will take innings when we're up or (more likely) down by several runs.  We have two starters coming back this week filling the rotation but I'm sure we'll see Agrazal again soon.
I'm sure that's the thinking behind the move. My problem with it is that Ramirez is horrible and they have Monday and Thursday off this week which reduces the need for pitchers. Agrazal hasn't pitched since Saturday when he threw 59 pitches. By Wednesday, or certainly by Friday, he could have been used in middle relief, which is the area of greatest need. But instead, they have Ramirez who shouldn't be used unless a game is already in the bag either way. So it seems to me that they substituted a useless pitcher for a useful one.