Yardbarker Trade Targets

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

MaineBucs

Yardbarker Trade Targets

Post by MaineBucs »

I know that sites such as the above are generally worthless for baseball news/stories/rumors, but I had to check in when I saw an article labeled trade targets for all 30 teams.

# 1. None of the players were mentioned for more than 1 team.

# 2. The player it was recommended that the Pirates pursue is Aaron Sanchez with the Jays, under the guise that the Pirates need more pitching and that Searage could help fix him because he is a ground-ball pitcher.

# 3. Three Pirate players were cited as good trade targets for other teams. The Brewers should pursue Archer and the Cards should pursue Lyles. Perhaps they should have checked to see that the Pirates are within shouting (actually putting distance) of 1st place in the Division and that the Bucs are unlikely to try to swing a deal with someone in their division. They also suggested Cole Tucker as a good trade target for the Marlins under the premise that the Bucs have too many shortstops with the emergence of Newman and that the Marlins have little at SS.

Although I just busted the site, guess I need to give some props for them identifying Cole Tucker as a future ML player and knowing who is the pitching coach of the Pirates.

CTBucco

Yardbarker Trade Targets

Post by CTBucco »

Meh on Sanchez. He's been trending the wrong way for 3 straight seasons (sound familiar?). He has been terrible this year. And a sinker pitchers in general have been getting clobbered. He is controllable for one more year and relatively cheap ($3.9M). He also shouldn't cost too much, but he's not better than what we're trotting out there now.