2. Bryan Reynolds (S) LF

3. Starling Marte (R) CF

4. Josh Bell (S) 1B

5. Melky Cabrera (S) RF

6. Colin Moran (L) 3B

7. Kevin Newman (R) SS

8. Jacob Stallings (R) C

9. Joe Musgrove (R) P

The rubber game of the series vs the Brewers. Will be nice to go into the AS break on a positive note.
IABucFan

Pirates vs Brewers - 7/7 - Game Thread

Post by IABucFan »

Grandal was about one inch from giving Milwaukee a 2-0 lead. Instead, Musgrove works out of it and it’s 0-0 going to the bottom of the first.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

I had to mute the game already. Just can't take another second of Block's nonstop rambling. I think he's trying to be Vin Scully with continuous gentle banter. But Scully worked alone and was better. Block isn't Scully. Block is just Block and he tries too hard. We don't need his thoughts about EVERYTHING. >:(
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

The bottom of the 2nd was a thing of beauty. Stallings (hit and run) and Big Joe (bunt) executed perfect strategy perfectly.

A ton of criticism for Hurdle last night. He managed those situations. Perfectly.
rucker59@gmail.com

Newman, Frazier, Reynolds, Bell, Stallings, Moran...

There is some good young talent on this team. Really good talent.

rucker59@gmail.com

MR BRYAN REYNOLDS!!!

Holy SMOKES!

6-3 good guys
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

Reynolds strikes again!
iabucco

Post by iabucco »

Taking 5 of 7 from the Cubs and Brewers is a great way to head into the all Star break. It is so nice to watch a team that has a lineup of real hitters.
CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

I can't believe the Buccos just went 8-5 vs. Astros, Brewers, Cubs, Brewers.

They have a similar stretch coming out of the break, and if they can survive that in a similar fashion, I think they'll be able to stay in the race until the very end.

And I can't believe I just wrote that.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

The Pirates are now 14-7 since June 14th and are currently 8-5 as CB said in this stretch of 26 straight games against the Astros,Brewers,Cubs,Cardinals and Phillies. I wanted the Pirates to go something like 16-10 or 15-11 in this stretch so all they have to do to make that possible is go 7-6 or 8-5 in the last 13 games of this stretch which is now very possible. 7-6 would put them at 51-51 and 8-5 would put them at 52-50 with exactly 60 games remaining.

I don’t like that I heard Hurdle say yesterday they are opening the 2nd half Friday in Chicago with Archer on the mound. I would rather have Musgrove or Williams or even Lyles or Agrazal start Friday over Archer. Maybe Archer will surprise us and throw a 3 hit shut out but I highly doubt it. Archer pitching at Wrigley Field during the day has home run derby written all over it. The Pirates MUST have Archer step up and be a quality pitcher if they are to have any chance at all to stay in contention in the 2nd half. Archer being satisfied pitching 5 innings like he does so many times is simply unacceptable moving forward. He has to do better period.