Eyewitness Report: Indianapolis vs. Syracuse

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SyrBucco

Post by SyrBucco »

Amazing how often I see something I've never seen before. Mets reliever Ryan O'Rourke balked in KeBryan Hayes from third, and the Indians won, 1-0!

My buddy Steve the Mets fan and I were watching dueling no-hitters until the 6th inning, when Hunter Owen singled sharply just beyond the reach of Ruben Tejada. So how did James Marvel, my number 1 star of the game, get the job done? He never topped 92 on the gun but he changed speeds and stayed off the middle of the plate, somewhat reminiscent of Dario Agrazal. Marvel gave up just one hit over 6 innings. He kept walking Danny Espinosa but otherwise he showed excellent control and struck out 7.

2nd star went to KeBryan Hayes, for two reasons. First, he hit a long double to dead center (400 feet). Then he showed some great baserunning, stealing third off O'Rourke, then inducing him to balk by bluff stealing home, rattling O'Rourke.

3rd star went to Montana DuRapau, who followed Marvel's masterful 6 with two shutout innings of his own. He seemed to be wild high but overcame 3-2 counts and yielded nothing.

For what it's worth, Dovydas Neverauskas threw 97 mph and looked untouchable pitching the 9th. I wonder how this guy can look so good at AAA and so bad with our Pirates.

One other highlight of the day: Cole Tucker signed my Pirates hat. Shook his hand and he couldn't have been any nicer. He flashed the leather all game long. Easy to see why people like this kid.

We don't often get beautiful weather in Syracuse, but we did today, and finished the game in under 2.5 hours! Heading back to watch tomorrow night, and sorry I missed their come-from-behind win last night.

I'll report again.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

What an interesting end to a game, sounds like you had a good time too.