Looks Like We Are Stuck With Lyles

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Bucs were hoping to trade Lyles, but after tonight I would doubt if any team would want him. They should just move him to the bullpen for mop up work.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

6864653E373E363B3C23390E0 wrote: Bucs were hoping to trade Lyles, but after tonight I would doubt if any team would want him. They should just move him to the bullpen for mop up work.

that makes sense. There is no way they are going to bring him back next year and if they had more pitching they could just release him. But with Holmes out for awhile there is need for arms.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Why does Escobar get "L. Escobar" on his uniform? Is there another Escobar on the Pirates hiding in a closet?
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

587E7F687E6E1D0 wrote: Bucs were hoping to trade Lyles, but after tonight I would doubt if any team would want him. They should just move him to the bullpen for mop up work.

that makes sense.  There is no way they are going to bring him back next year and if they had more pitching they could just release him.  But with Holmes out for awhile there is need for arms.

There was a need for an arm before Holmes went out. :)
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

Lyles has given up 11 homers in his last 25 innings.

I wonder how the Pirate hitters would do if they got to face the Pirate pitchers.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

There is no reason to start him anymore this season. Recall Keller and find out what you have with him over the remainder of this season. They are going to need him next year if Taillon would need surgery due to his forearm discomfort.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

I guess the plan is to get innings from Escobar this game and option him back to Indy tomorrow. That is the only reason I can think of that he has stayed in this game for this long.
MaineBucs

Post by MaineBucs »

This Season.

Toast.

Make that Burnt Toast.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

At least the WV BlackBears are drubbed the Batavia Muchdogs 8-2 this evening. The BB are now just 3 games behind the Muckdogs for first place in the Pinkney Division of the NYPL. Know this I can sleep tonight!
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

I strongly want NH to be replaced as I think his time as GM has more than run its course. I've been neutral on Hurdle but this stretch of play after the All Star game has turned me into the Hurdle must go camp.

The concern I have is that NH may fire Hurdle in order to place blame on him and give himself some breathing room.

I hope Nutting (and Coonley) are smart enough to see that both need to go (wouldn't bother if Frank went too as I think NH, Hurdle and Frank are three peas in a pod).