15-33/25-23

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SteadyFreddy

15-33/25-23

Post by SteadyFreddy »

That is what the Pirates must go record wise the remainder of the season the last 48 games to avoid losing 100 and or 90 games. Now I know for a fact they will not win 25 games the rest of the way so 90 losses is almost a guarantee. And I have very little confidence that they are gonna play well enough the rest of the season as bad as this pitching is and has been and win 15 games. I’ll be shocked at this point if they do I seriously will.
CTBucco

15-33/25-23

Post by CTBucco »

I'd be pulling for a full-on tanking, but there's no way they will catch the Orioles or Tigers. The Mariners, Blue Jays, Marlins, and even the Royals are within reach. Only the Jays and Mariners are cooperating by playing decent ball though.

I don't know enough about next year's draft to know though if the 3rd pick is significantly better than the 6th or 7th pick. And is that difference enough to offset the lost opportunity of not getting guys like Hayes, Tucker, Craig, and Keller some useful MLB experience the rest of the way? Those guys may well produce better results than what we're trotting out there now.
ArnoldRothstein

15-33/25-23

Post by ArnoldRothstein »

Wouldn't surprise at all if they avoid 90 losses. Too many times under Hurdle, i've seen this club tank and then correct itself as soon as the season was lost.