Irate Fans

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

JollyRoger

Irate Fans

Post by JollyRoger »

Going to the Pirates/Angels game on Monday.

I’m breaking out my old Irate Fans T- Shirt.

“Best Ballpark- Worst Owner”

If the media spots the shirt maybe I can vent the frustrations of being s Pirate fan.
ArnoldRothstein

Irate Fans

Post by ArnoldRothstein »

Trying to recall if I still have mine. If I do, my guess is that it's shrunk quite a bit.
johnfluharty

Irate Fans

Post by johnfluharty »

I have mine stashed at the bottom of my pajama drawer. It's probably a little big for me now since I am not an XL any more.
notes34

Irate Fans

Post by notes34 »

I have mine!
NJBucsFan

Irate Fans

Post by NJBucsFan »

It's a good sign that some fans are irate, at least it means they still care. I find myself not even looking at box scores in the morning, and that kills me. I'm even starting to pay attention to the Mets, just to know what it feels like to have hope.

This really does make me question what being a fan means. Of course more than anything I want the Pirates to win. But if it takes another 20 straight losses to bring about the change needed, maybe that's best. :-[
IABucFan

Irate Fans

Post by IABucFan »

I consider every win the rest of the year to be a loss. I want a higher draft pick next year, I want to embarrass this ownership group, and I want changes at the top. Losing helps accomplish that. My favorite team the rest of the year is whoever happens to be playing the Pirates.
notes34

Irate Fans

Post by notes34 »

01050D3A2C3C092E214F0 wrote: It's a good sign that some fans are irate, at least it means they still care. I find myself not even looking at box scores in the morning, and that kills me. I'm even starting to pay attention to the Mets, just to know what it feels like to have hope.

This really does make me question what being a fan means. Of course more than anything I want the Pirates to win. But if it takes another 20 straight losses to bring about the change needed, maybe that's best.  :-[
I know exactly what you mean. I am distancing myself more all the time. Once you stop watching, and looking at the boxscores it gets easier to walk away.
MaineBucs

Irate Fans

Post by MaineBucs »

I unfortunately wore out both of my Irate shirts (I also put on some weight). Folks who still have some may have a commodity that is now more valuable than an Andrew McCutchen signed baseball.
JollyRoger

Irate Fans

Post by JollyRoger »

Back from the Pirates/Angels game.

I’d forgotten how thoroughly enjoyable it is when the Bucs dominate the opposition.

Great team win!!!
johnfluharty

Irate Fans

Post by johnfluharty »

Very glad you got to experience a win.