5. Colin Moran (L) 3B

6. Jose Osuna (R) 1B

7. Kevin Newman (R) SS

8. Jacob Stallings (R) C

9. Pablo Reyes (R) RF
UtahPirate

Pirates @ the Angels - 8/13 - Game Thread

Post by UtahPirate »

West Coast games are much easier for me ...

At 4-0 it sure didn't look good but we've been hitting well and a Bell bomb always helps. We're only in the 5th and up 7-5 now, so this is going to be a late one and we still have plenty of innings to blow it, but the bats are at least alive.
CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

Pirates win 10-7.

I wish I wasn't this way, but I have a hard time enjoying these games.

When you've just lost 23 of 27 ... literally, they won 4 games in a full month!! ... and the games are essentially meaningless, I find myself saying ... "So NOW you're hitting and winning. Big deal. The games don't matter any more. Thanks for nothing."

I hate that attitude, but that's how I feel.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

I woke up in time to see the Bucs losing 4-3 in the 3rd and saw the 5th Angels run score from 2B on a single to shallow CF when Marte lobbed the ball into the infield after he fielded it as the runner was just hitting 3B. I was watching the Angels feed and they talked quite a bit about how Marte has the arm to throw that runner out at home but didn't even make an effort. Then I went back to sleep and didn't know they won until this morning. This morning I went to the game replay on MLBTV and overlayed the radio broadcast to avoid Joe Block. Brown and Wehner wondered the same thing about Marte not making a throw home on that single. So out of curiosity I played the Block TV broadcast of that play and he failed to mention that anything out of the ordinary had occurred. For a guy who never stops talking he sure doesn't say much.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

022F22333425327271400 wrote: I woke up in time to see the Bucs losing 4-3 in the 3rd and saw the 5th Angels run score from 2B on a single to shallow CF when Marte lobbed the ball into the infield after he fielded it as the runner was just hitting 3B. I was watching the Angels feed and they talked quite a bit about how Marte has the arm to throw that runner out at home but didn't even make an effort. Then I went back to sleep and didn't know they won until this morning. This morning I went to the game replay on MLBTV and overlayed the radio broadcast to avoid Joe Block. Brown and Wehner wondered the same thing about Marte not making a throw home on that single. So out of curiosity I played the Block TV broadcast of that play and he failed to mention that anything out of the ordinary had occurred. For a guy who never stops talking he sure doesn't say much. Block would rather talk about stupid stuff like wondering how Danny Glover and Tony Danza saw actual Angels in that stadium in the movie Angels in the Outfield. That is clearly what’s more important to him then the actual game.
MaineBucs

Post by MaineBucs »

The Pirate season is now been compressed to individual performances. The announcers and the Pirate organization are forced to trying to sell the individual players rather than the team. As noted by others, hard to get excited in the midst of having won only 4 of 27 games.

For example, prior to the all-star break, all you heard about was Bell. Where he was in the HR race and how he lead the majors in RBI's. Clearly, his play warranted a lot of fanfare, but individual performance means little if the team is losing.

Now, Reynolds and his quest for the batting title is all the rage. Don't get me wrong, I am thrilled for Reynolds and really enjoy watching him play and hit (his hands and head do not move), but a lot of the enjoyment is diminished by the play of the team. This was the same situation when Freddy Sanchez had a career year and won the batting title in the midst of a miserable season for the team. Every game featured the Freddie report.

Continuing, music blaring for the nightmare, even though there is rarely anything to save. Yep, we may be losing, but we got us some dam good players.

I saw bits and pieces of last night's game. Williams is still really struggling. The hitting has picked up against a bad Angels staff. Looks like the Bucs caught the Angels at the right time as they similarly are tanking.
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

54756069516873607564010 wrote: West Coast games are much easier for me ...

At 4-0 it sure didn't look good but we've been hitting well and a Bell bomb always helps. We're only in the 5th and up 7-5 now, so this is going to be a late one and we still have plenty of innings to blow it, but the bats are at least alive.

Now this is GREAT analysis! Short and right to the point.

UtahPirate to replace Joe Bock.
iabucco

Post by iabucco »

I am torn. I hate rooting for them to lose but I do want that, not only for draft position, but to put pressure for making changes. The worst thing that could happen for the organization is to play the next month is to start winning at a .60 percent clip.

I will turn in to see how players like Keller, Reynolds, Bell, Musgrove etc... do as a buildup for next year but this organization really needs to shake some things up. I do not expect them to break the bank and go "all in" but they can stress the bank a lot and still be profitable. They can sign some pitchers to make this team better but I am really starting to become apathetic to the organization. I already know that I am not buying the Pirates' feed on mlb for next year and i am getting very close to simply not paying attention. They have just worn me down by not trying.
UtahPirate

Post by UtahPirate »

484F59515F480F037A5D575B5356145955573A0 wrote: West Coast games are much easier for me ...

Now this is GREAT analysis!  Short and right to the point.

He needs to be replaced ... but I don't think I'm the solution! ;D
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

4B6A7F764E776C7F6A7B1E0 wrote: West Coast games are much easier for me ...

Now this is GREAT analysis!  Short and right to the point.

He needs to be replaced ... but I don't think I'm the solution!  ;D

Here is the perfect replacement!  Mumbles from Dick Tracy Movie

Go to the 1:10 mark to begin the part about Mumbles.

For some of you younger guys when Mainer, Quail, Bobster and I were kids, Dick Tracy was the #1 Cop in the daily newspaper cartoons.