2. Bryan Reynolds (S) CF

3. Colin Moran (L) 3B

4. Josh Bell (S) 1B

5. Jose Osuna (R) RF

6. Melky Cabrera (S) LF

7. Cole Tucker (S) SS

8. Jacob Stallings (R) C

9. Trevor Williams (R) P

Still no Newman! Good chance for Tucker to give it another shot. Whoa! Just noticed that Marte is not in the lineup. Wonder why?
SteadyFreddy

Pirates vs. Marlins - 9/4 - Game Thread

Post by SteadyFreddy »

I can’t wait to see the announced attendance for this game tonight. There is literally nobody in the outfield anywhere. It’s really embarrassing how completely empty it is everywhere. There can’t be anymore then I’d say 1,000 to 2,000 people in the ballpark for this game tonight.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

51766763667B44706766667B020 wrote: I can’t wait to see the announced attendance for this game tonight. There is literally nobody in the outfield anywhere. It’s really embarrassing how completely empty it is everywhere. There can’t be anymore then I’d say 1,000 to 2,000 people in the ballpark for this game tonight.

Better to be safe than sorry and not go outside when Dorian is within 1500 miles or so.
Roberto218

Post by Roberto218 »

Great walk off win courtesy of Bryan Reynolds.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

must feel good to get a win like this.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

This game feels like many of the wins by the Bucs from my younger days. I loved the "9th inning lightning" win and all I can say is what Bob "The Gunner" Prince would say: We had 'em all the way".
mouse

Post by mouse »

What was the final attendance count?
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

It was 9,043 but there was no way there was that many people there. It was quite sad to see the Pirates celebrate that win in the 8th jumping up and all around and there was absolutely nobody in the stadium and no noise what so ever. Even Greg Brown Who normally gets really excited after a win like that just had no emotion behind his call because he knows the game meant nothing and nobody was there to see it. These are the kind of things that if Bob Nutting had any kind pride or integrity about wanting to win he should be completely and totally embarrassed about.
johnfluharty

Post by johnfluharty »

I wish they would do something to get the attendance up, like giving away a child ticket or two for every adult ticket purchased. Get the seats filled with young people.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Odd decision for Marlins to pitch to Reynolds with 1B open. The tie run was at 3B and the winning run at 2B so putting Reynolds at 1B wouldn't matter and it would set up the DP for the slow Moran on deck. The Marlins' 2Bman and SS played deep so they were conceding the tie run to guard against the increased likelihood of a 2-run game winning single against a drawn in infield. So since they were conceding the run anyway, why not play for a game tying DP vs Moran rather than pitching to one of the NL's top hitters in Reynolds? And if they got the DP, they could then walk Bell so set up a force anywhere. Strange managing.