Pirates - Marlins, 9-5 Game

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

MaineBucs

Post by MaineBucs »

Thought that I would post tonight's line-up.

Newman - SS (He Returns)

Reynolds - CF (Quest for the Crown)

Moran - 3B (Reunited with his Brother)

Bell - 1st (Gimmee some more of them RBI's)

Cabrera - RF (Looking for a New City Next Year)

Reyes - LF (Why did Cora Send Me)

Frazier - 2B (Stats are on the Upswing)

Diaz - C (What do you mean I'm not the #1 Catcher)

Agrazal - P (Looking like Mr. T)

I know that I shouldn't care anymore, but I still find myself watching the games and wanting them to win. Nice walk-off by Reynolds last night. Unfortunately, Osuna looked like he never played the OF in the past.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

Nice post Mainer. Especially the the little comments after each name. I feel good about tonight's game and may even end up watching/listening to it even if Block calls it.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

why is Marte out?
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Cora strikes again! Another easy out at the plate and a 2nd out instead of runners at 2B and 3B with 1 out. I've seen enough of this unacceptable coaching (and managing) (and general managing) (and owning).
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

I'm seeing why no one wants to attend these games. With the bases loaded and 2 outs (thanks to Cora's incompetent coaching) Agrazal hits a slow roller to 2B that has the potential for an infield hit. But Agrazal is more interested in making the 3rd out than in getting his first career hit and RBI. So he slows down to a leisurely jog to ensure the out. But the Marlins have their own issues. 2Bman Starlin Castro is even less interested in getting the 3rd out than Agrazal is in getting an RBI single. So he gently tosses the ball over Walker's head at 1B to force Agrazal to be safe at 1B and 2 runs score as Bucs go up 5-1.

Temporarily thwarted in his plan to keep the game close, Agrazal immediately serves up a HR to the first batter in the 2nd. And we wonder why no one goes to these games. :(

Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Joe Block pontificating about the Cubs' scoreboard. ::)
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

... and Newman throws to Diaz to easily cut down the go ahead run at the plate. (Did Cora send him?). Oops. The ball bounces in and out of Diaz's glove as the go ahead run scores. Still can't figure out why fans aren't pouring their money into this sad team.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Another reason for fans to stay away. HP umpire Angel Hernandez is unable to distinguish balls from strikes. With the bases loaded, Hartlieb throws 5 pitches to Cooper and 3 of them land in the strike zone. Hernandez incompetently calls it a walk to force in a run.

Cora can't coach. Diaz can't catch. Agrazal won't run. Castro can't throw. Hernandez can't umpire. And it costs money to watch this crap?
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

And on a pickoff with a runner trapped between 1B and 2B with 2 outs, Bell inexplicably shot puts the ball to 3B in order to prevent the 3rd out. As Casey Stengel once said when managing the Mets, "Can't anyone here play this game?"
IABucFan

Post by IABucFan »

Trade em all. I’m serious. Trade Bell. Trade Reynolds with his unsustainable BABIP. The Pirates are in worse shape than an expansion team and should be treated as such.