Crick injured in fight with Vazquez

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

Crick had to have surgery on his finger.

This may be rock bottom.

On the other hand; Nutting is jumping for joy as both players have been fined by the club. Less salary to pay
WiffleballHero

Post by WiffleballHero »

Breaking news: Dumpster Fires have put out a statement late tonight, saying that while they may be large, messy trash receptacles -- which are clearly burning out of control -- they disavow any relationship to the Pittsburgh Pirates (lest it hurt their reputation).
BenM

Post by BenM »

Hurdle

"I'm not concerned with the chemistry. I have concerns about three individual incidents that have gone on this year. I've been here nine years, we had none, and we've had three this year,"

Sounds like everything is just fine in the clubhouse.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

I guess this has been festering in the BP for a long time. Previously, Crick had been in an altercation with BP coach Rojas over what Crick complained were special privileges accorded to Vazquez. I guess the fight explains why Vazquez had a band-aid on the bridge of his nose Monday night. He must have a hard nose if Crick tore up his finger. Gee, what will they do without Crick and his 4.96 ERA and his 35 walks in 49 innings?
CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

Wiffleball Hero. Good comedy. That made me laugh and at this point I need a laugh just to keep from crying.

SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Now I've not been very quiet (I try) about how I think about 95% of the complaints about manager decisions are petty and uninformed and sometimes just plain incorrect.  Continued issues like this (and just losing in general) are absolutely decent reasons why managers are asked not to come back. 
Leyland1948

Post by Leyland1948 »

Crick was also suspended for something he did in the brawl with the Reds in there brawl a while back. Might he be a bad apple since this is the third incident now reported, who knows he may have been involved in more!
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

6E475B4E434C46131B161A220 wrote: Crick was also suspended for something he did in the brawl with the Reds in there brawl a while back. Might he be a bad apple since this is the third incident now reported, who knows he may have been involved in more!
Maybe, but the common denominator in all of these clubhouse issues seems to be vasquez
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

0B3935352113303934313E39580 wrote: Crick was also suspended for something he did in the brawl with the Reds in there brawl a while back. Might he be a bad apple since this is the third incident now reported, who knows he may have been involved in more!
Maybe, but the common denominator in all of these clubhouse issues seems to be vasquez
Just my two cents worth, but Crick has probably pitched his last game for the Pirates. If he could return to his 2018 pitching, he and Kela could make a nice trade package. A team could acquire a late inning pitcher, and a closer. If so, I wonder what type of return you would get ?
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Just reading some other sites and the fight between Crick, and Vázquez is a headline on Yahoo and MLB. I think it is sad, and embarrassing that our baseball team gets this negative publicity. It is time for this ownership group to make some changes so that on a national basis people can read positive articles about the Pirates Organization as well as their players.