Reynolds

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

psuinpgh21

Reynolds

Post by psuinpgh21 »

Who would have guessed that he would be the second Pirate to lose his rookie eligibility (Newman was first). He's been lights-out, .346/.404/.549, 5 HR, 18 RBI. When Dickerson comes back, they better not even think of sending him back down. If they could get an arm for Melky (or Dickerson or even Polanco or Marte) they should do it.
Bobster21

Reynolds

Post by Bobster21 »

Reynolds has hit .300+ at every level. But we didn't hear much about him after being acquired in the Cole trade. I suspect the org had doubts about him because he was never a big HR hitter in the minors. But he's a heck of a ballplayer and has provided power with 5 HRs in 133 ABs which is a pace of about 20 for a full season. He has the look of a professional hitter.
StargellStar

Reynolds

Post by StargellStar »

That is my concern. That they send Reynolds down when Dickerson comes back. I would like to see them extend Dickerson and deal Polanco.
fjk090852-7

Reynolds

Post by fjk090852-7 »

I heard on the radio this evening that Dickerson was in the locker room after today’s game. My guess is that when they activate Dickerson, Osuna will return to AAA. It will be interesting to see what they do when Kang returns. They could send down Tucker, but he has played a steady shortstop, and lately he his hitting much better.
Bobster21

Reynolds

Post by Bobster21 »

404C4D161F161E13140B11260 wrote: I heard on the radio this evening that Dickerson was in the locker room after today’s game. My guess is that when they activate Dickerson, Osuna will return to AAA. It will be interesting to see what they do when Kang returns. They could send down Tucker, but he has played a steady shortstop, and lately he his hitting much better.
I expect Tucker to go to Indy. And that's fine. Other than 13 games in Indy prior to his recall this year, he had never even faced AAA pitching. I don't think the org expected him to be in MLB this year before September. But he's been very good defensively, is a very likable kid and has made contributions with the bat. He's got a bright future but will really benefit from honing his hitting skills at AAA before settling in with the Bucs. In addition, it seemed NH had given up on Newman as a starting SS after a SSS last year, but now Newman is hitting and fielding just fine. So Newman can handle SS now and Tucker can get needed ABs at AAA.
SCBucco

Reynolds

Post by SCBucco »

They cannot send Reynolds down when Dickerson comes back. Osuna goes down to me. Reynolds has shown the organization he can flat out play and he needs to stay.
rucker59@gmail.com

Reynolds

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

Reynolds has to stay.

Reynolds, Marte, Polanco, Dickerson, Melky.

Melky is the perfect bench player. He has to stay because none of the other four should be sitting on the bench.

One of Reynolds, Marte, Polanco, or Dickerson needs to be traded. My guess - Marte gets moved and his increase production the past month will net a decent return. Joe Starky wrote a good article about this.
SammyKhalifa

Reynolds

Post by SammyKhalifa »

2A2D3B333D2A6D61183F35393134763B3735580 wrote: Reynolds has to stay.

Reynolds, Marte, Polanco, Dickerson, Melky.

Melky is the perfect bench player.  He has to stay because none of the other four should be sitting on the bench.

One of Reynolds, Marte, Polanco, or Dickerson needs to be traded.  My guess - Marte gets moved and his increase production the past month will net a decent return.  Joe Starky wrote a good article about this.

It's interesting situation.

Reynolds--probably a good value return if traded but that shouldn't even be on the table. I suppose sending him down is an option but I hope not

Marte--I understand and almost agree with the reasons for dealing him, like I've stated elsewhere I think we as Pirate fans underrate him, and if you move him you're counting on Reynolds and only Reynolds to man CF

Polanco--I think we'd be selling low on him as I believe he's due for a surge. I suppose he's more replaceable though

Melky--very very movable as a veteran bench presence. Also a good reason to keep him around though.

Dickerson--probably the guy we'd currently miss the least but also won't net anything coming right off of injury. You can bet he'll be here at least a little while to show he can still play
ScottinMass

Reynolds

Post by ScottinMass »

5D707D6C6B7A6D2D2E1F0 wrote: Reynolds has hit .300+ at every level. But we didn't hear much about him after being acquired in the Cole trade. I suspect the org had doubts about him because he was never a big HR hitter in the minors. But he's a heck of a ballplayer and has provided power with 5 HRs in 133 ABs which is a pace of about 20 for a full season. He has the look of a professional hitter. 
I actually think differently, I think Pirates knew he was developing into a really good player and they made the decision to trade Meadows and keep Reynolds as the guy to eventually take over a full time OF spot
fjk090852-7

Reynolds

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Just saw the lineup for tonight’s game, and Reynolds is in centerfield.