Which AL Team?

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

johnfluharty

Which AL Team?

Post by johnfluharty »

If I can't convince myself to give up on baseball or the Pirates - which I probably can't - which AL team should I pick as my second favorite? I am thinking Tampa Bay or perhaps Cleveland since both seem like smartly run organizations. I want a team with a mid to low payroll because I don't want them to have an unfair advantage. Any recommendations?
NJBucsFan

Which AL Team?

Post by NJBucsFan »

I somewhat follow Tampa and wish them well, to the extent I have an AL team it's them. And maybe the Twins. I grew up with the Orioles, so they're my natural second, but these days that would just add to the frustration. And something in me can't root for Cleveland, even in a different league.
SammyKhalifa

Which AL Team?

Post by SammyKhalifa »

I root for the Indians in a general sense (I don't follow the minors or even everyday happenings or anything like that).
BenM

Which AL Team?

Post by BenM »

I'd go with Cleveland. Watching Rays' games broadcast from that horrible stadium is kind of depressing.
JollyRoger

Which AL Team?

Post by JollyRoger »

The Indians are my pick as they have not won a World Series since 1948
iabucco

Which AL Team?

Post by iabucco »

For me, i follow the Twins. Small market but has had a lot of success over the years. I like their stadium, too. And, like the Pirates, Minneapolis is more of a football town than a baseball town.
Ecbucs

Which AL Team?

Post by Ecbucs »

What is AL?

seriously, I don't root or follow for anyone but the Bucs. I do like to follow other team's players.

As far as rooting for other teams goes it seems to always be the lesser of two evils.

So if I had to pick an AL team it would be the Twins or Indians.