Jason Kendall and Bob Nutting A match Made in Heaven

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

Can you imagine Jason dealing with Neal and Nutting?

But he sounds serious.

I think I would like this.

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/pir ... 1910010147
dmetz

Post by dmetz »

I think he's right on the mark when he says manager only is going to change 5-10 "and he's going way high" and it's all about bullpen management.

5 seems about right. Putting that statement out there is already a shot at the FO.

Manager swings +/- 5 games, so when you lose 90+ well? the problem a'int the manager.

Hopefully they hire him. All he has to do is work for the equiv of min wage and he can say whatever he wants.

Dress up like a clown, walk up and down the baselines clucking like a chicken, do handstands on first base? BUT, will you manage for peanuts? You're hired! ;D
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

606961707E040 wrote: I think he's right on the mark when he says manager only is going to change 5-10 "and he's going way high" and it's all about bullpen management. 

5 seems about right.   Putting that statement out there is already a shot at the FO.   

Manager swings +/- 5 games, so when you lose 90+ well?  the problem a'int the manager.   

Hopefully they hire him.    All he has to do is work for the equiv of min wage and he can say whatever he wants. 

Dress up like a clown, walk up and down the baselines clucking like a chicken, do handstands on first base?   BUT, will you manage for peanuts?   You're hired! ;D

Yep. The sad part is a guy like Kendall has no chance since he (they) might just say something critical. Whoever gets the job will be a lapdog.
BenM

Post by BenM »

In Kendall's last year with the Pirates (2004) he made $8.5 million.

In 2020 that would put him third behind Marte and Polanco on the Bucs' payroll 16 years later.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

7F5853703D0 wrote: In Kendall's last year with the Pirates (2004) he made $8.5 million.

In 2020 that would put him third behind Marte and Polanco on the Bucs' payroll 16 years later.

he still has the record for biggest contract ever given by the Bucs.