Jay Bell

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Leyland1948

Jay Bell

Post by Leyland1948 »

Wondering if he would be interested in taking a shot at managing this team. Any thoughts?
GermanTownship

Jay Bell

Post by GermanTownship »

Until the Bucs get better overall pitching and defense, it really doesn’t matter who they get to manage. On another note, how would everyone feel about trading Marte for pitching and try to resign Dickerson? If that would happen, you could then move Reynolds to center. If a legitimate offer was made, I feel that he would resign. Possibly three years, with a couple of options thrown in. Nutting better make some serious moves, because if not, he’ll be lucky to see 800,000 tickets sold for the entire season in 2020.
IABucFan

Jay Bell

Post by IABucFan »

02203728242B112A322B362D2C35450 wrote: Until the Bucs get better overall pitching and defense, it really doesn’t matter who they get to manage. On another note, how would everyone feel about trading Marte for pitching and try to resign Dickerson? If that would happen, you could then move Reynolds to center. If a legitimate offer was made, I feel that he would resign. Possibly three years, with a couple of options thrown in. Nutting better make some serious moves, because if not, he’ll be lucky to see 800,000 tickets sold for the entire season in 2020.

Marte should be traded, but for low-level, high upside, prospects. Pitching or position player, it doesn't matter. This team has more holes than a Swiss cheese factory. the only way to do this is the right way...not plugging holes in the dike with chewed up bubble gum, but tearing the whole thing down and rebuilding from the bottom up.
Roberto218

Jay Bell

Post by Roberto218 »

Jay Bell should be out top candidate. AAA manager for Yankees, who have embraced analytics. Yankees know how to develop young players and that is what we need. Excellent career with Pirates is a plus.
SteadyFreddy

Jay Bell

Post by SteadyFreddy »

I mentioned Bell as my top candidate the day after Clint Hurdle got fired in the Managerial Candidates thread I started. I think he would be my top choice and should be the Pirates top choice as well.
SammyKhalifa

Jay Bell

Post by SammyKhalifa »

I wonder if he'd bring his old pharmacist along with him . . .