Cole v Glasnow

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

rucker59@gmail.com

Cole v Glasnow

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

I can not think of a more embarrassing headline for this organization.

I’m going to be cheering for Tyler.

CarolinaBucco

Cole v Glasnow

Post by CarolinaBucco »

I'm expecting both pitchers to be outstanding and Meadows to hit a couple of HRs.

But, hey, Chris Archer won 3 games this year !!!
fjk090852-7

Cole v Glasnow

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Glasnow’s first inning reminded me a lot of his issues he had when he started for Pittsburgh. The one positive was that the Astros weren’t stealing bases against him.
rucker59@gmail.com

Cole v Glasnow

232F2E757C757D70776872450 wrote: Glasnow’s first inning reminded me a lot of his issues he had when he started for Pittsburgh. The one positive was that the Astros weren’t stealing bases against him.

Yeah, it really did. Except he settled in maybe, rather than cave in like a cheap tent. After four straight hits he got three of the next four batters out, last two by SO. Four singles and a double resulted in 4 runs. Surprisingly, only 25 pitches.

If he settles in the rest of the game the Rays haves chance. Cole gives up a solo HR.
BenM

Cole v Glasnow

Post by BenM »

Meadows is batting .158 with no home runs this playoff.

Total bust!
rucker59@gmail.com

Cole v Glasnow

I have to be away from the game for about 30 minutes but I see Glasnow is pulled with two outs in the 3rd. He was cruising so it must be bad news.

Anyone know?
Bobster21

Cole v Glasnow

Post by Bobster21 »

7A76772C252C24292E312B1C0 wrote: Glasnow’s first inning reminded me a lot of his issues he had when he started for Pittsburgh. The one positive was that the Astros weren’t stealing bases against him.
That's the Glasnow we all know and love. His problems as a Pirate always seemed to be in his head. Seemed like he overcame that with the change of scenery in Tampa but tonight he was in a high pressure situation and immediately caved. He has great stuff and should have a great career if he can overcome the confidence issues that sunk him as a Pirate. The Pirates bear responsibility for not helping him adjust. But tonight Tampa saw that side of him.
Ecbucs

Cole v Glasnow

Post by Ecbucs »

0B262B3A3D2C3B7B78490 wrote: Glasnow’s first inning reminded me a lot of his issues he had when he started for Pittsburgh. The one positive was that the Astros weren’t stealing bases against him.
That's the Glasnow we all know and love. His problems as a Pirate always seemed to be in his head. Seemed like he overcame that with the change of scenery in Tampa but tonight he was in a high pressure situation and immediately caved. He has great stuff and should have a great career if he can overcome the confidence issues that sunk him as a Pirate. The Pirates bear responsibility for not helping him adjust. But tonight Tampa saw that side of him. 

He was throwing some pitches 99 mph. I don't think he ever had that speed with Pirates. There are so many pitchers close to 100 now that I think the radar gun readings are not the same as those a few years ago.
Bobster21

Cole v Glasnow

Post by Bobster21 »

674140574151220 wrote: Glasnow’s first inning reminded me a lot of his issues he had when he started for Pittsburgh. The one positive was that the Astros weren’t stealing bases against him.

He was throwing some pitches 99 mph.  I don't think he ever had that speed with Pirates.  There are so many pitchers close to 100 now that I think the radar gun readings are not the same as those a few years ago.

Glasnow hit 100 mph as a Pirate.

https://archive.triblive.com/sports/pir ... ing-start/
Ecbucs

Cole v Glasnow

Post by Ecbucs »

5D707D6C6B7A6D2D2E1F0 wrote: Glasnow’s first inning reminded me a lot of his issues he had when he started for Pittsburgh. The one positive was that the Astros weren’t stealing bases against him.

He was throwing some pitches 99 mph.  I don't think he ever had that speed with Pirates.  There are so many pitchers close to 100 now that I think the radar gun readings are not the same as those a few years ago.

Glasnow hit 100 mph as a Pirate.

https://archive.triblive.com/sports/pir ... ing-start/

thanks.

When I looked up Glasnow I found this article from Rays that I don't remember seeing before.

https://www.draysbay.com/2019/4/12/1830 ... ual-absurd

To me it makes trading him an even bigger mistake as the Pirates had all this info.