Why I no longer watch

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

iwatch

Why I no longer watch

Post by iwatch »

When asked by a team official to meet with reporters after their 6-2 loss to the Washington Nationals on Wednesday, Cole, who was wearing a Boras Corp. hat, said, "I'm not employed by the team." However, after agreeing to interviews, he started out with, "I guess as a representative of myself ..."

Boras is represented by agent Scott Boras, and is poised to command a big payday on the free-agent market.

Can’t support these guys. Immediately after the World Series this guy comes off with this.
iabucco

Why I no longer watch

Post by iabucco »

Cole is an amazing talent and hasn't gotten into any trouble but doing that immediately after losing the world series lost me as someone who could ever root for him. Houston traded for him and paid him pretty well. He is about to make a lot of money and he couldn't simply meet the press one last time as an Astro? If Boras advised him to do that, then that was only for Boras' interests because Cole will get paid regardless but that will hurt his ability to do some advertising.
BenM

Why I no longer watch

Post by BenM »

I don't blame him for going out and getting as much money as he can, but he could have shown some class to the teammates and organization who helped him to the probable Cy Young and got him to the World Series twice.

This may be the best stretch both individual and team in his career and I'm not sure he cares.
Bobster21

Why I no longer watch

Post by Bobster21 »

Cole attributed what he learned from the Astros for his immediate turnaround from disappointing Pirate pitcher to awesome Astros pitcher. You would think he would have appreciated the Houston organization enough to not be a total ungrateful A-hole moments after the game ended. According to Cole, the Astros were the team that turned him into a mega-dollar free agent instead of the Pirate pitcher who didn't live up to expectations. And now we see what an ingrate this POS is.
johnfluharty

Why I no longer watch

Post by johnfluharty »

He's probably just really looking forward to free agency. He's looking forward to a huge payday.
iabucco

Why I no longer watch

Post by iabucco »

There is nothing wrong with looking forward to a big payday. I would be but there is something terribly wrong with what he said and his whole attitude. It also means he is a terrible teammate.
Bobster21

Why I no longer watch

Post by Bobster21 »

60686B7C6A6A66090 wrote: There is nothing wrong with looking forward to a big payday.  I would be but there is something terribly wrong with what he said and his whole attitude.  It also means he is a terrible teammate.
Exactly! I just can't imagine distancing himself from his teammates moments after the game ended. He's a free agent now. Good for him. But that was the case even without him immediately exchanging the Astros hat for a Boras hat and without him making it very clear that he was no longer an employee of the Astros. That was one of the most unnecessary self-centered acts I've ever seen in pro sports. What was the point? He's going to receive mega offers. That's not contingent on him immediately distancing himself from the Astros. Makes me wonder what kind of teammate he's been all season if all he could think about was getting away from Houston to pad his pockets. Things must be tough when you've only made 13.5 million the past year and a mere 25.5 million in the past 6 years. I never had any reason to dislike Cole and was happy for him that he realized his true potential with the Astros for reasons he explained could only have happened there. But now I think he's a total POS and I hope he never has success again in his career.
Quail

Why I no longer watch

Post by Quail »

All of a sudden I like Musgrove, Moran, Feliz and Martin a lot more than ever before.
IABucFan

Why I no longer watch

Post by IABucFan »

I’ll bet if the Astros had won last night he would have worn their hat and addressed the media. Don’t understand why he didn’t pitch last night though.
fjk090852-7

Why I no longer watch

Post by fjk090852-7 »

1337232B2E420 wrote: All of a sudden I like Musgrove, Moran, Feliz and Martin a lot more than ever before.
I agree with you Cole is a real jerk. One hour after playing the final game of the WS he is distancing himself from his Astros teammates. He has no class!