Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Osushawn

Hurdle fired

Post by Osushawn »

Wonder who’s next for HC
SCBucco

Hurdle fired

Post by SCBucco »

Nothing will change with this organization unless a major financial change of heart happens or our GM becomes Billy Beane all the sudden. NH shouldn't be here.
BenM

Hurdle fired

Post by BenM »

This is Neil trying to save his job. A proper evaluation of the state of the organization would have happened after the season.

When was the last time a manager got fired on game 162?

(Never mind. Maddon is also out.)

ETA, nice job stepping on Steve Blass' last day. You couldn't have waited 24 hours?
iwatch

Hurdle fired

Post by iwatch »

enure. Today we announced that we are parting ways with Clint, but make no mistake about it, this is by no means a statement that our shortcomings are solely Clint’s fault. The entire organization is accountable and that begins with me.

“Neal and his leadership team are well into an extensive review of every element of our baseball operations. In addition, as an organization, we need to improve in the ways we connect with our fans.

I guess we’ll see about that
BenM

Hurdle fired

Post by BenM »

5D435540575C340 wrote: “Neal and his leadership team

That's a really depressing phrase.
SammyKhalifa

Hurdle fired

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Really weird to me they didn't let him coach the last game
Roberto218

Hurdle fired

Post by Roberto218 »

Last night's game wasn't managed too well.

That being said, Clint finished with a winning record, which is pretty good.

The Pirates have a problem with developing pitchers. Our new batting coach, Rick Eckstein should stay,but Ray Searage should go. Sometime around 2015, the Pirates fell behind on analytics, and are struggling.

Time for a change, but Clint ended the horrible losing streak.
SammyKhalifa

Hurdle fired

Post by SammyKhalifa »

I don't get it. I thought nutting wouldn't fire him and be stuck paying that contract. Everyone said so. ::)

I'll have good memories of what he did but it was time. It wasn't even the record as much as the locker fights, etc.
Bobster21

Hurdle fired

Post by Bobster21 »

I am surprised that Nutting is willing to pay both Hurdle and his replacement for 2 years. Too bad NH isn't going too. The encouraging thing is that firing Hurdle with 2 years left on his contract suggests that Nutting realizes he can't keep doing things the same way and still profit. He's got plummeting attendance and new TV contract negotiations to deal with and maybe now understands the team must be improved if only to continue to make money. Just getting a better manager won't accomplish much unless NH does a better job as GM and Nutting lets some of the moths out of his wallet. But firing Hurdle is a start. Let's hope more changes follow.
mouse

Hurdle fired

Post by mouse »

Someone must have suggested to Hurdle that he would be continued. Whoever that was apparently got over-ruled. Makes you wonder if there might not be other changes as well.