Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

IABucFan

Shelton hired as manager

Post by IABucFan »

I like it. Good choice from a good org.
SammyKhalifa

Shelton hired as manager

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Welcome to the newest "Worst Manager Ever" ;)
IABucFan

Shelton hired as manager

Post by IABucFan »

I think that Williams, Cherington, and now Williams have all been good hires. For the first time since 2015, I’m optimistic a out the future of the team. I still think they need to tear down and rebuild, but I believe these three positions are key and I think the Pirates made sound decisions on all three.
fjk090852-7

Shelton hired as manager

Post by fjk090852-7 »

The Fan is reporting the formal announcement ( press conference ) will be next Wednesday.
rucker59@gmail.com

Shelton hired as manager

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

Oh no, He’s in love with managing by the BOOK!!! :P

Obviously he doesn’t care about April games!>:(

The guy knows NOTHING about teaching fundamentals!:o

Sorry! I’m Just getting in shape a bit early this year!
SammyKhalifa

Shelton hired as manager

Post by SammyKhalifa »

2A2D3B333D2A6D61183F35393134763B3735580 wrote: Oh no, He’s in love with managing by the BOOK!!! :P

Obviously he doesn’t care about April games!>:(

The guy knows NOTHING about teaching fundamentals!:o

Sorry! I’m Just getting in shape a bit early this year!

There you go. It's a matter of time.
fjk090852-7

Shelton hired as manager

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Since it will be a week until they introduce him, he might have the chance to fill some of the coaching vacancies, or add to the staff.
Bobster21

Shelton hired as manager

Post by Bobster21 »

I know nothing about Shelton. But he has experience as a minor league manager and a major league coach. And if we're going to have any faith in BC as the new GM then he deserves the benefit of the doubt on his first manager hire.

I hope he can further the development of players at the MLB level once they come thru the system. That's been a problem for the Pirates under Hurdle as too many players just did not progress much beyond their abilities at the time they were promoted. And I hope he's not a strict adherent to formulas. I'm anxious to see how he handles whatever roster he's given.
SyrBucco

Shelton hired as manager

Post by SyrBucco »

I like this selection. Shelton is a logical choice. Hope he can assemble the coaching staff he needs to move us forward.
skinnyhorse

Shelton hired as manager

Post by skinnyhorse »

Don't know anything about these new hires only time will tell but at least there is hope, something I never had the past 3 years. I look forward to Spring training to see what we have. Management can make a huge difference with any team good or bad. We've been living with the bad for the last several years and it is demoralizing to everyone. I quit watching everyday (like I have in the past) last year around the end of May. So frustrating to watch Hurdle give away games.