The #1 prospect poll, 2020 version.

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

psuinpgh21

Post by psuinpgh21 »

who is the #1 prospect for 2020? is it the hot-shot 3B? The starter who just barely qualifies as a rookie? A recent #1 pick? Someone new to the US? I've taken highly ranked prospects from MLB and Pirates Prospects. As always I will take requests for the next add. I know there are still plenty of good prospects to be added so if I didn't add someone you expected (Cal Mitchell, Michael Burrows, Jared Oliva, Kevin Kramer among others) I will add them soon. If someone is there who you don't think should be there, I will not remove them. I will just say later it's the 10th round and nobody has voted for so-and-so. I don't put up stats or anything but baseball reference is always an option.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/regi ... &year=2019
mouse

Post by mouse »

It's interesting that Ke'Bryan Hayes (as of this writing) has 7 votes. I really debated but finally decided to go with Keller, who I figured would be with the team the whole season whereas Hayes may well be one of those later call-ups. In the long run, though, I suspect Hayes will prove more valuable to the team. Hard call.
OrlandoMerced

Post by OrlandoMerced »

Disagree. Hayes' floor as plus defense infielder far surpasses Keller, who seems to be a future mid rotation guy.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

003D232E212B20022A3D2C2A2B4F0 wrote: Disagree. Hayes' floor as plus defense infielder far surpasses Keller, who seems to be a future mid rotation guy.

I think you have to balance floor with ceilings, in my mind 1-2 were pretty close.  I agree that in the past votes sometimes high floors were not valued enough (though that isn't everything and it's certainly not time yet to start voting those guys in).  A guy who has already gotten to the show as a backup has already "made it" more than like 70% of guys on most prospect lists.