Who is the #3 prospect for 2020

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

psuinpgh21

Post by psuinpgh21 »

I'm being a bit presumptive here, starting typing this before the #2 poll is technically over. But it was pretty much over from the start. No surprise that Ke'Bryan Hayes wins in a landslide. 79.6% of the vote (guessing that nobody will get 32 or moer votes in the next 15 minutes). Added Cal Mitchell. The next 10 highest ranked players according to Pirates Prospects are pitchers, although I'm not as high on some of them. If you think someone should be added please let me know. We can have up to 15 names on the poll. I like 10 to 12 though.

The results so far:

1. Mitch Keller, SP, 23, AAA/ML, 63.2% of the votes

2. Ke'Bryan Hayes, 3B, 22, AAA 79.6% of the votes
OrlandoMerced

Post by OrlandoMerced »

I think it gets interesting after this vote.
ChitownBucco

Post by ChitownBucco »

cruz with very bad fall and winter stats

listed at 6'7 now?

https://www.baseball-reference.com/regi ... uz--000one
SyrBucco

Post by SyrBucco »

I'm going with Quinn Priester over Oneil Cruz, and I encourage the organization to stop the 6'7" shortstop experiment and put Cruz in RF, where his path to the majors won't include trying to supplant Kevin Newman and Cole Tucker.

Priester may be a long way from Pittsburgh but the Rookie League stats were very encouraging, and he has that #1 pick pedigree.
mouse

Post by mouse »

I've never understood why they think playing a person out of position enhances his value. It right field (or the outfield in general) is his best spot, wouldn't playing there now get him ready sooner? Or doesn't it matter where he plays - the development is all with the bat?