Astros punished - Hinch Luhnow Fired

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

gm and manager suspended for one year.  Both fired by Astros.

lose 4 draft picks (2 firsts and 2 seconds).

Astros Punishment in Detail per MLBTrs

Note toward the end of the article that Alex Cora and Carlos Beltran were the guys who put the system in place.  Looks like Cora is in deep doodoo as well.

Astros Fire Luhnow & Hinch

[reason]Change topic title & punishment & firing details[/reason]
Lecom

Post by Lecom »

Looks like we were posting at about the same time . I will remove mine .
mouse

Post by mouse »

Wow. That's more severe than I was expecting. The draft pick losses have to hurt.
Lecom

Post by Lecom »

292B313721440 wrote: Wow. That's more severe than I was expecting. The draft pick losses have to hurt.

Looks like Cora going to get hammered also !
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Geez, it might officially a one year suspension, but I'd be surprised if either of them are in MLB again.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

From what I have read about Cora he is in a world of hurt as well. I think it would have been bad enough for him and most likely would not have gotten a harsh punishment except that he did something similar when he became BoSox manager.
NewMexicoLobo

Post by NewMexicoLobo »

So, is the base-runner on second base now going to get punished for stealing signs? Or is that still "legal"?
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

5A716359716C7D777B587B767B140 wrote: So, is the base-runner on second base now going to get punished for stealing signs? Or is that still "legal"?

That's legal because it is the base runner using his own eyes and not some electronic device. I would think that the same would be true for players and coaches who study the pitchers and find way a pitcher might be tipping his pitches.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

0A2B230A21294E0 wrote: From what I have read about Cora he is in a world of hurt as well.  I think it would have been bad enough for him and most likely would not have gotten a harsh punishment except that he did something similar when he became BoSox manager. 
I would expect that Cora will be suspended for a period greater than Hinch. I understand he was the instigator behind the sign stealing for the Astros. Hinch either should have put an end to it, and if that didn’t work he should have gone to Luhnow. We will have to wait a few more days until the Commissioner issues his report regarding Cora.
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

Punishment isn't good enough. Force the Astros to give the Pirates Bregman and Verlander and they have to pay the freight too.