Welcome to doc

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

WildwoodDave

Welcome to doc

Post by WildwoodDave »

Guys you will like doc. Anyone in his mid-sixties who plays organized baseball (not softball) and goes to Florida to play with a torn hamstring, can't be all bad. Also plays a mean round of golf. Just ask Shedman
shedman

Welcome to doc

Post by shedman »

Welcome aboard Doc and yes he is a good golfer.
DemDog

Welcome to doc

Post by DemDog »

The mid-60s? He an old fart like me, Mainer, Quail, Bobster and a few others here. I've got em all beat though, I have been to at least one game for 61 consecutive years. 2020 will make it 62.
Bobster21

Welcome to doc

Post by Bobster21 »

I'll have to compare notes with him. I also used to go to Florida to play ball.
fjk090852-7

Welcome to doc

Post by fjk090852-7 »

78595178535B3C0 wrote: The mid-60s?  He an old fart like me, Mainer, Quail, Bobster and a few others here.  I've got em all beat though, I have been to at least one game for 61 consecutive years.  2020 will make it 62.
I am right behind you. This season will be my 59th consecutive year attending a Pirate game. My first game I saw Duke Snider and Frank Howard with the LA Dodgers  at Forbes Field.
UtahPirate

Welcome to doc

Post by UtahPirate »

Welcome doc. I saw the Pirates vs Giants @ Candlestick in 63. I was just a little kid, but that puts me in the OBN over 60 set and somewhere in that memory my hero worship of Clemente began.

Can't claim continuous years, but I've seen the Bucs play in Denver, LA (both Dodgers & Angels), SD, Seattle, SF (both Candlestick a couple of times and Oracle), Cin, & NY. That ought to be worth some sort of bragging rights ;D

The last 3 years we've made it to PNC as there is a direct Delta flight to the Burgh (my wife is a flight attendant which has helped a ton with that stadium count) and I love kayaking the river before the game. Unbelievably cool to sit there on the river with that gorgeous stadium and city as the two backdrops!
Lecom

Welcome to doc

Post by Lecom »

536D6860736B6B6040657261040 wrote: Guys you will like doc. Anyone in his mid-sixties who plays organized baseball (not softball) and goes to Florida to play with a torn hamstring, can't be all bad. Also plays a mean round of golf. Just ask Shedman

Glad you figured it out . Looking to forward to posting with you , LECOM
DemDog

Welcome to doc

Post by DemDog »

6C60613A333A323F38273D0A0 wrote: The mid-60s?  He an old fart like me, Mainer, Quail, Bobster and a few others here.  I've got em all beat though, I have been to at least one game for 61 consecutive years.  2020 will make it 62.
I am right behind you. This season will be my 59th consecutive year attending a Pirate game. My first game I saw Duke Snider and Frank Howard with the LA Dodgers  at Forbes Field.

Hey, we have to meet up at a game and compare the last 59 yrs of mental notes! Send me a pm sometime when you are going to be in town and going to a game.
shedman

Welcome to doc

Post by shedman »

My first game was in 1955. I still have my childhood Pirate scrapbook.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Welcome to doc

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

Thanks, all.  It's good to be here.  Nice to make new friends and connect with old pals (Dave, Lecom, Javy, Shedman).

I wish I could remember my first game but it was probably 1961ish.  My dad would take us to see the Giants when they came to town, because of Willie Mays.  I wish I could say I've been to a game for 60 straight years but I'm sure I've missed a year or two along the way.