Pablo Reyes 80-game PED Suspension

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

NJBucsFan

Post by NJBucsFan »

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2020/02 ... -for-peds/

The jokes almost write themselves, and I can see how this is a big deal and arguably a fair punishment. But the Astros just roll along? I dunno.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

63676F584E5E6B4C432D0 wrote: https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2020/02 ... -for-peds/

The jokes almost write themselves, and I can see how this is a big deal and arguably a fair punishment. But the Astros just roll along? I dunno.

There is reason for the Astros rolling along according to Jeff Todd of MLBTRs.  MLBPA and the Astros Saga and other things.

Be sure to watch the video by Todd in the link.

As for Reyes, he is a joke in and of himself. No way he had a chance to make the MLB Roster unless Nickles bought a Boeing 737 MAX as a team plane.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

We are so used to stars using PEDs to enhance their performance that we forget fringe players will use them just to get an advantage to make a roster.
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

775A57464150470704350 wrote: We are so used to stars using PEDs to enhance their performance that we forget fringe players will use them just to get an advantage to make a roster.

I blame Russia for this. How can a guy who hits a paltry .200 or less with zero power get nailed for PEDs? At leads Nutting doesn't have to pay him.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

7C6C6D5A4C4C402F0 wrote: We are so used to stars using PEDs to enhance their performance that we forget fringe players will use them just to get an advantage to make a roster.

I blame Russia for this.  How can a guy who hits a paltry .200 or less with zero power get nailed for PEDs?  At leads Nutting doesn't have to pay him.
I think he was framed. Nutting slipped PEDs into Reyes' Ovaltine to avoid paying him.
maher.timothy20@gm

Post by maher.timothy20@gm »

You can imagine the temptation if you're a fringe major leaguer. Too bad, seems like a good guy overall.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

I was a little surprised when he was not invited to ST as a non roster player, so possibly the Pirates had knowledge of the pending suspension.
IABucFan

Post by IABucFan »

I’m old enough to remember when Reyes was the talk of this board following a strong finish to 2018.
Lecom

Post by Lecom »

When you are a quad A player I can see someone taking a chance to get that extra edge. He took the risk and got caught.
WildwoodDave

Post by WildwoodDave »

He took the risk and got caught. Oh well, guess this puts us out of contention