Could The Bucs Bullpen Be Strong In 2020

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

I read an article about Kyle Crick tipping his pitches last season, and it got me to think that possibly the bullpen will be stronger this season. Kela will close, followed by Crick, Rodriguez, possibly healthy Kuhl, Burdi, and Santana. Holland, or Brault whomever does not join the rotation. It really depends on the health of Kuhl, Burdi and Santana, but if they return to the times they were healthy then the bullpen will be much better than last season.
maher.timothy20@gm

Post by maher.timothy20@gm »

It won't be stronger without Vazquez.

Possibly more consistent, from top to bottom, but it won't be better.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

545859020B020A07001F05320 wrote: I read an article about Kyle Crick tipping his pitches last season, and it got me to think that possibly the bullpen will be stronger this season. Kela will close, followed by Crick, Rodriguez, possibly healthy Kuhl, Burdi, and Santana. Holland, or Brault whomever does not join the rotation. It really depends on the health of Kuhl, Burdi and Santana, but if they return to the times they were healthy then the bullpen will be much better than last season.

The bullpen may very well be better than a year ago but, unless MLB introduces a way to take runs off the scoreboard, I don't think they'll be getting very many leads to protect.
BenM

Post by BenM »

One thing is for sure. There will probably be fewer fights.

Has anyone heard about the Pirates voiding Vasquez' contract? Spotrac still has him at about five and a half million.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

777B7A2128212924233C26110 wrote: I read an article about Kyle Crick tipping his pitches last season, and it got me to think that possibly the bullpen will be stronger this season. Kela will close, followed by Crick, Rodriguez, possibly healthy Kuhl, Burdi, and Santana. Holland, or Brault whomever does not join the rotation. It really depends on the health of Kuhl, Burdi and Santana, but if they return to the times they were healthy then the bullpen will be much better than last season.
I'm not a fan of Crick and don't believe he can be counted on for anything. Even if he was tipping his pitches, his primary problem is control. He has struggled mightily to throw strikes at every minor league level and MLB except for 2018 with the Pirates. And instead of turning the corner in 2018 he went right back to his normal lack of control in 2019. A reliever who automatically provides the opposition with base runners before they even put a ball in play is a huge problem. Maybe Crick will gain control again. That would be great. But based on the totality of his career, it isn't likely.
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

1A3D3615580 wrote: One thing is for sure. There will probably be fewer fights.

Has anyone heard about the Pirates voiding Vasquez' contract? Spotrac still has him at about five and a half million.

I'd just as soon see Vazquez get the money while in the hole, or have to give it to charity because Bob won't reinvest a dime of that on the Bucs.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

I thought he was on the restricted list.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

4F7D71716557747D70757A7D1C0 wrote: I thought he was on the restricted list.

which means he doesn't get paid?
shedman

Post by shedman »

6D7D7C4B5D5D513E0 wrote: One thing is for sure. There will probably be fewer fights.

--

I'd just as soon see Vazquez get the money while in the hole, or have to give it to charity because Bob won't reinvest a dime of that on the Bucs.

-----

Me2
BenM

Post by BenM »

4F69687F69790A0 wrote: I thought he was on the restricted list.

which means he doesn't get paid?

OK, if he's on the restricted list, he doesn't get paid.

I learned that with Jung Ho Kang. Really sad that two of the team's most talented players have wound up on it in recent years.