Interesting suggestion from rumbunter...

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

DemDog

Post by DemDog »

Rumbunter must be kidding. Just writing something have something to post during the downtime in MLB.

Where is he going to play in the field? Bell has 1B locked up with Osuna as a backup. He is no better at 3B than Column and Osuna can back up there too. And they have KeBryan waiting in the wings. As far as pitching goes he is not going to jump right in a be a poor MLB pitcher right off the bat. He will take at least a year or maybe two to become a semi-effective pitcher. Actually, it looks like he will be a career AAAA player with an occasional cup of coffee in the Bigs. Chalk Craig up as another NH draft failure.
BenM

Post by BenM »

Stetson Allie was born a couple years to early.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

The article seems to suggest that Craig could be both minimally satisfactory as both a hitter and pitcher. Not much of an endorsement.
Lecom

Post by Lecom »

4B6A624B60680F0 wrote: Rumbunter must be kidding.  Just writing something have something to post during the downtime in MLB.

Where is he going to play in the field?  Bell has 1B locked up with Osuna as a backup.  He is no better at 3B than Column and Osuna can back up there too. And they have KeBryan waiting in the wings.  As far as pitching goes he is not going to jump right in a be a poor MLB pitcher right off the bat.  He will take at least a year or maybe two to become a semi-effective pitcher.  Actually, it looks like he will be a career AAAA player with an occasional cup of coffee in the Bigs.  Chalk Craig up as another NH draft failure.

Yep I agree. I saw nothing much to get excited about this Spring. At this point describing him as a quad A player seems to be accurate in my opinion.
johnfluharty

Post by johnfluharty »

To me this brings up an interesting question. Should teams make more of an effort to develop strong-armed outfielders and infielders into two-way players? One would think it would be an advantage to have a couple of extra bullpen arms, and they could use their between-inning tosses to warm up their arms.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

636661676F657C61687B7D70090 wrote: To me this brings up an interesting question.  Should teams make more of an effort to develop strong-armed outfielders and infielders into two-way players?  One would think it would be an advantage to have a couple of extra bullpen arms, and they could use their between-inning tosses to warm up their arms.

Great thinking outside the box. I think it needs some consideration. But would it be a waste of a strong OF arm to have the player also trying to learn to pitch at the cost of him being underdeveloped as a hitter?