Greetings

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

GreenWeenie

Greetings

Post by GreenWeenie »

I join the board in peace and happy to be accepted.  It took a while, but I learned that there is a difference between seven digits and eight. 

One would think that Pirates fans, of all people, would know that difference.  Give a guy eight digits, he may stick around.  Seven?  Adios. 

For those of you who "know" and know me from past boards, it will be nice to catch up with you. 

For new friends, I take some getting used to. 

I am a Pirates fan by ***a gnat's eyelash*** these days.  I'm about as turned off by this team as one can get while still wanting to hear the least bit about them, and read what other fans have to say.

The success of our team comes to two major factors, in my opinion, and probably in this order.

BOB is BOB.  That won't change.  It isn't a prediction.  It's fact.

So, what ***might*** change?

A) Will Cherr be any more effective than Hunt- and, if so, then for how long?  As questionable as Hunt was, he at least got us to three consecutive first playoff rounds, and advanced once.  To be better, Cherr has to go four consecutive years, more total years, or go deeper into postseason play.  Neither will be easy to accomplish.

B) Will this OJT manager guy, Shelton, be any more effective than Hurdle was- and, if so, then for how long?  I'm not sure how to judge that, because most of the overall talent comes from what GMs do.  I'm not sure that "getting the most" from players is measurable vs. having players who have talent to offer.

As luck has it, I think that the division's 2020 season would have been as winnable as any in the most recent years for any team but ours.

The season awaits.  The future awaits.  Can't wait for the first pitch.  In the meantime, stay healthy.  Stay safe.  Wash your hands, and keep safe distance.

Regards.

maher.timothy20@gm

Greetings

Post by maher.timothy20@gm »

Good to see you again, GW.
GreenWeenie

Greetings

Post by GreenWeenie »

6E626B66712D776A6E6C776B7A313343646E030 wrote: Good to see you again, GW.

Thx, D2. You have Kovie to blame. ;D
shedman

Greetings

Post by shedman »

Welcome aboard Greenweenie.  It's nice to have you here.  However, before you get started, let me explain some things to you.  You should not criticize Cherington for  not spending any money because he has to "see what he has".  And you shouldn't criticize him if he doesn't spend any money in the 2021-2022 offseason either, because we are a young team and he doesn't want to block the young guys with any FA.  If you are thinking about the 2022-2023 offseason, that is a no-go too, because the young guys are just experiencing "growing pains" and their salaries will go up as they approach arbitration and FA.  Write off the 2023-2024 offseason too, as they will have to get rid of the guys reaching arbitration and FA because they will have become clubhouse cancers.  And if you are thinking about 2025 and beyond for spending some money, that won't work either because BOB's daughters will be in control by them and they will hire a new GM and Manager and the new GM will need to "see what he has".  But they will spend "when the time is right".
GreenWeenie

Greetings

Post by GreenWeenie »

Cherr's like me: Looked at what he has, then realizes, what he has is...no money. :'(
WildwoodDave

Greetings

Post by WildwoodDave »

263D303138343B550 wrote: Welcome aboard Greenweenie.  It's nice to have you here.  However, before you get started, let me explain some things to you.  You should not criticize Cherington for  not spending any money because he has to "see what he has".  And you shouldn't criticize him if he doesn't spend any money in the 2021-2022 offseason either, because we are a young team and he doesn't want to block the young guys with any FA.  If you are thinking about the 2022-2023 offseason, that is a no-go too, because the young guys are just experiencing "growing pains" and their salaries will go up as they approach arbitration and FA.  Write off the 2023-2024 offseason too, as they will have to get rid of the guys reaching arbitration and FA because they will have become clubhouse cancers.  And if you are thinking about 2025 and beyond for spending some money, that won't work either because BOB's daughters will be in control by them and they will hire a new GM and Manager and the new GM will need to "see what he has".  But they will spend "when the time is right".
Well, what in God's name is there for Weenie to complain about?

Might have to bring Otis back (Bucs60/71/79)
WildwoodDave

Greetings

Post by WildwoodDave »

6B5550584B535358785D4A593C0 wrote: Welcome aboard Greenweenie.  It's nice to have you here.  However, before you get started, let me explain some things to you.  You should not criticize Cherington for  not spending any money because he has to "see what he has".  And you shouldn't criticize him if he doesn't spend any money in the 2021-2022 offseason either, because we are a young team and he doesn't want to block the young guys with any FA.  If you are thinking about the 2022-2023 offseason, that is a no-go too, because the young guys are just experiencing "growing pains" and their salaries will go up as they approach arbitration and FA.  Write off the 2023-2024 offseason too, as they will have to get rid of the guys reaching arbitration and FA because they will have become clubhouse cancers.  And if you are thinking about 2025 and beyond for spending some money, that won't work either because BOB's daughters will be in control by them and they will hire a new GM and Manager and the new GM will need to "see what he has".  But they will spend "when the time is right".

Wonder if Weenie will be around long enough to make Junior Member?
WildwoodDave

Greetings

Post by WildwoodDave »

1A2421293A222229092C3B284D0 wrote: Welcome aboard Greenweenie.  It's nice to have you here.  However, before you get started, let me explain some things to you.  You should not criticize Cherington for  not spending any money because he has to "see what he has".  And you shouldn't criticize him if he doesn't spend any money in the 2021-2022 offseason either, because we are a young team and he doesn't want to block the young guys with any FA.  If you are thinking about the 2022-2023 offseason, that is a no-go too, because the young guys are just experiencing "growing pains" and their salaries will go up as they approach arbitration and FA.  Write off the 2023-2024 offseason too, as they will have to get rid of the guys reaching arbitration and FA because they will have become clubhouse cancers.  And if you are thinking about 2025 and beyond for spending some money, that won't work either because BOB's daughters will be in control by them and they will hire a new GM and Manager and the new GM will need to "see what he has".  But they will spend "when the time is right".

Now if we only could get 21 back on here.
shedman

Greetings

Post by shedman »

350B0E06150D0D0626031407620 wrote: Welcome aboard Greenweenie.  It's nice to have you here.  However, before you get started, let me explain some things to you.  You should not criticize Cherington for  not spending any money because he has to "see what he has".  And you shouldn't criticize him if he doesn't spend any money in the 2021-2022 offseason either, because we are a young team and he doesn't want to block the young guys with any FA.  If you are thinking about the 2022-2023 offseason, that is a no-go too, because the young guys are just experiencing "growing pains" and their salaries will go up as they approach arbitration and FA.  Write off the 2023-2024 offseason too, as they will have to get rid of the guys reaching arbitration and FA because they will have become clubhouse cancers.  And if you are thinking about 2025 and beyond for spending some money, that won't work either because BOB's daughters will be in control by them and they will hire a new GM and Manager and the new GM will need to "see what he has".  But they will spend "when the time is right".

Now if we only could get 21 back on here.
I wonder what ever happened to 21?
Surgnbuck

Greetings

Post by Surgnbuck »

Hi dee ho neighbor!