Why I can’t watch

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

iwatch

Why I can’t watch

Post by iwatch »

At least this guy doesn’t play for the Pirates. Blake Snell is refusing to play this season for half his $7 million dollar salary.

Snell, who was scheduled to make $7 million in 2020, said he "love(s) baseball to death" but that he is unwilling to accept multiple reductions of his salary.

"Bro, I'm risking my life," Snell said. "What do you mean it should not be a thing? It should 100% be a thing. If I'm gonna play I should be getting the money I signed to be getting paid. I should not be getting half of what I'm getting paid because the season's cut in half, on top of a 33% cut of the half that's already there -- so I'm really getting, like, 25%.

"On top of of that, it's getting taxed. So, imagine how much I'm actually making to play, you know what I'm saying?"

Oh, the hardship. I will not pay a dime to watch these guys.
SteadyFreddy

Why I can’t watch

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Yea that’s disgusting to hear Snell say something like that like we are supposed to have sympathy and feel bad for this guy. I have my own thoughts and beliefs on this Virus and the things that it’s doing to not just sports but life in general. I think it’s insane especially what they are doing in LA now giving a stay at home order for another 3 months. But that’s probably for another thread.
GreenWeenie

Why I can’t watch

Post by GreenWeenie »

People tell me all the time that they wont shop at Walmart. Parking lot (used to be) full.

No one admitted to listening to The Spice Girls. Sold millions.

So, one guy out of thousands said something they don't agree with....after steroids, after strikes.......after an owner like BOB.and we claim we won't watch.

I cant watch these guys, but I'll post on message boards.

We watch no matter what. It's baseball, warts and all.
Bobster21

Why I can’t watch

Post by Bobster21 »

Perhaps we could start a "Go Fund Me" page for this poor unfortunate. So far he has only made 1.1 million in his brief career and it's going to be hard to make ends meet on only 3.5 million more this year. Just ask all the people who are out of work and will have to try to make ends meet on something less than 7 million this year. Snell feels their pain and he's standing up for the little guy. Demanding to be fabulously wealthy for being paid for games he doesn't play is his way of giving back to the community. ::)
iwatch

Why I can’t watch

Post by iwatch »

This one guy, who you don’t have any knowledge of, will not guaranteed spend a dime on tickets, gear, clothing, etc. and, I won’t watch one inning. I used to frequent this board as numerous knowledgeable folks posted info that I found interesting. I still read to see what others think. Weenie suggested I’m a blowhard, making claims that he doubts. But Weenie has no idea who I am or what I’m about.
Bobster21

Why I can’t watch

Post by Bobster21 »

435D4B5E49422A0 wrote: This one guy, who you don’t have any knowledge of, will not guaranteed spend a dime on tickets, gear, clothing, etc. and, I won’t watch one inning. I used to frequent this board as numerous knowledgeable folks posted info that I found interesting. I still read to see what others think. Weenie suggested I’m a blowhard, making claims that he doubts. But Weenie has no idea who I am or what I’m about.
I think your username sums up your attitude. It does get so frustrating watching spoiled millionaires who immediately forget what real life is like as soon as they get their big payday. I'm sure Snell doesn't live in a bubble and is aware of the hardship currently being experienced by many of his friends and family. But it looks like he just doesn't care. Why should he have to suffer? I've been disgusted at players for years. But I keep on watching because I love the game. But I can't blame you or anyone else who reaches their limit and says "no more!"
GermanTownship

Why I can’t watch

Post by GermanTownship »

As I have said before, I would like to see baseball gone for not only 2020, but also 2021, and maybe longer, until the players and owners come to their senses. A true salary cap is needed like in hockey, football, and basketball. Both owners and players are accountable for what is taking place. When the players went on strike after the all star break in 1994, which resulted in not only the remainder of the season being cancelled, but also caused the city of Montreal losing their franchise, that in my opinion, caused the beginning of the decline of some sort of parity in the game. Remember when George Steinbrenner was asked about some teams, like the Pirates losing their franchise? His answer was basically, so what. He didn’t care. Again, both the owners and players are at fault. Remember, in 1994, life continued to go on without baseball. Honestly, I would rather watch my Steelers and Penguins. That being said, I do miss hockey.
Bobster21

Why I can’t watch

Post by Bobster21 »

43617669656A506B736A776C6D74040 wrote: As I have said before, I would like to see baseball gone for not only 2020, but also 2021, and maybe longer, until the players and owners come to their senses. A true salary cap is needed like in hockey, football, and basketball. Both owners and players are accountable for what is taking place. When the players went on strike after the all star break in 1994, which resulted in not only the remainder of the season being cancelled, but also caused the city of Montreal losing their franchise, that in my opinion, caused the beginning of the decline of some sort of parity in the game. Remember when George Steinbrenner was asked about some teams, like the Pirates losing their franchise? His answer was basically, so what. He didn’t care. Again, both the owners and players are at fault. Remember, in 1994, life continued to go on without  baseball. Honestly, I would rather watch my Steelers and Penguins. That being said, I do miss hockey.
As much as I love the game, I have always similarly felt that if some type of prolonged layoff would significantly improve the economics of MLB, I'd be in favor of it.
DemDog

Why I can’t watch

Post by DemDog »

26382E3B2C274F0 wrote: This one guy, who you don’t have any knowledge of, will not guaranteed spend a dime on tickets, gear, clothing, etc. and, I won’t watch one inning. I used to frequent this board as numerous knowledgeable folks posted info that I found interesting. I still read to see what others think. Weenie suggested I’m a blowhard, making claims that he doubts. But Weenie has no idea who I am or what I’m about.

I think Weenie is telling us the reality of life when we face when we are in these situations. I for one detest filling the pockets of the Walton family but there are just a few things that buy there because they are much less expensive there than anywhere else. I have told many folks that I won't shop there but I do. Don't take Weenie's comments to heart. You might be the exception to what reality is concerning people who love baseball and love to talk about it.
DemDog

Why I can’t watch

Post by DemDog »

My thoughts about Blake Snell, He is a greedy, egotistical sumnabitch"! And as Lanny Frattare would say: "And There's No Doubt About!"