60 Team Player Pool Is Announced Today

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Later today we should hear which players are on the Pirates player pool. They do also have 3 open spots on the roster since, Taillon, Archer and Kramer are out for the season. I assume Derek Holland will fill one of the open spots, as well as John Ryan Murphy the catcher.
mouse

Post by mouse »

ArnoldRothstein

Post by ArnoldRothstein »

60 players, five outfielders. Like old times.
INbuc

Post by INbuc »

073428292A221429322E3532232F28460 wrote: 60 players, five outfielders. Like old times.

In a season with only 60 games, ghost runners to start overtime, and likely more DH's than fans, it seems like few ideas are off the table.   So why not try this: Cole Tucker in centerfield?

Dyson and Heredia are Okay players, but there are very few teams (if any) in MLB for whom either would be in the starting lineup.  And while Tucker might never be a long term option in CF, why not let him be this year's placeholder.  I bet he would do fine (if not great) defensively, while getting the precious at bats he desperately needs. 

Given the circumstances, and how playing Tucker at SS would mean moving Newman and/or Frazier, I just don't see any rationale for having Dyson or Heredia in the lineup over Tucker.

Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

2A2D011600630 wrote: 60 players, five outfielders. Like old times.

In a season with only 60 games, ghost runners to start overtime, and likely more DH's than fans, it seems like few ideas are off the table.   So why not try this: Cole Tucker in centerfield?

Dyson and Heredia are Okay players, but there are very few teams (if any) in MLB for whom either would be in the starting lineup.  And while Tucker might never be a long term option in CF, why not let him be this year's placeholder.  I bet he would do fine (if not great) defensively, while getting the precious at bats he desperately needs. 

Given the circumstances, and how playing Tucker at SS would mean moving Newman and/or Frazier, I just don't see any rationale for having Dyson or Heredia in the lineup over Tucker.

I would rather leave Tucker at short and move Frazier to center. I agree that he should be in line up ahead of Dyson and Heredia (at best Heredia should platoon with Polanco).
IABucFan

Post by IABucFan »

All I know is...this team is horrid. MLB blackouts, combined with a horrible team, and wacky rules changes, I’m a bit salty for the Pirates year. I originally said 15-45. I’m going to modify that down...10-50.
Javy

Post by Javy »

I used to think that Neverauskas had pictures of Neal or Clint in compromising positions with farm animals...now, I think it must be Nutting - what is this guy doing on the roster???

Phillip Evans??? - really? The system is that thin that some guy you signed in December after being released by the Cubs is worthy of a spot on your roster?
CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

I like the Cole Tucker idea, but I don't like this team.

At all.

This season (if it actually happens) is going to be a fiasco.

In a normal season the Pirates are usually eliminated by mid-August.

This season doesn't even start until the end of July, and the Pirates will still be eliminated by mid-August.

I'm thinking 13-47.
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

Civil War Re-enactors, Pirates style.

They wear the garb. That's about it.

I want them to re-enact the 60, 71, and 79 seasons.

All I get is the 20 year CLS. :((((
SyrBucco

Post by SyrBucco »

The official 60-man is out there, and significantly different from the first take. Nothing against Yacksel Rios, but glad to see he's no longer on the 40-man. And Sam Howard is behind DelPozo and Turley in the lefty reliever hierarchy.

Oneill Cruz is still listed as an INF. Please move this guy to RF ASAP!