3. Adam Frazier (L) 2B

4. Josh Bell (S) DH

5. Colin Moran (L) 3B

6. Jose Osuna (R) 1B

7. Cole Tucker (S) RF

8. Jacob Stallings (R) C

9. Jarrod Dyson (L) CF

Derek Holland (LHP) Starting Pitcher
If this is a preview of official lineups, Frazier is miscast as a #3 but so would everyone else on the roster. Moran is miscast as a #5 but so would everyone else on the roster. Osuna might provide some power and gets Bell away from 1B (I hope they burn hide Bell's glove). I've seen more intimidating 7-8-9 hitters on Little League teams.
2drfischer@gmail.c

July 22, 2020 Game Thread - Tribe at Bucs

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

012C21303726317172430 wrote: 1. Kevin Newman (R) SS

2. Bryan Reynolds (S) LF

3. Adam Frazier (L) 2B

4. Josh Bell (S) DH

5. Colin Moran (L) 3B

6. Jose Osuna (R) 1B

7. Cole Tucker (S) RF

8. Jacob Stallings (R) C

9. Jarrod Dyson (L) CF

If this is a preview of official lineups, Frazier is miscast as a #3 but so would everyone else on the roster. Moran is miscast as a #5 but so would everyone else on the roster. Osuna might provide some power and gets Bell away from 1B (I hope they burn hide Bell's glove). I've seen more intimidating 7-8-9 hitters on Little League teams. 

While that line-up strikes little fear, there are a two guys (Reynolds and Bell) who are legit hitters, and two (Newman and Frazier) who can contribute as good role players. The team lacks what every line-up needs, a couple of star players. This franchise will only have that type of player if they're drafted, and then for just a few years.

As for today's line-up, at the very least I'd switch Frazier and Reynolds, which I think would pay off over a season's worth of games, and I'd switch Moran and Osuna, which is basically a tweak.
IABucFan

Post by IABucFan »

You know how they said there's no minor league baseball this year...there is. In Pittsburgh.

Fortunately, there's also MLB games in Pittsburgh this summer. too bad it's only when the Blue Jays play there.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

79585079525A3D0 wrote: 1. Kevin Newman (R) SS

2. Bryan Reynolds (S) LF

3. Adam Frazier (L) 2B

4. Josh Bell (S) DH

5. Colin Moran (L) 3B

6. Jose Osuna (R) 1B

7. Cole Tucker (S) RF

8. Jacob Stallings (R) C

9. Jarrod Dyson (L) CF

I agree that Frazier and Reynolds should be switched. I might also switch Osuna to 3B, Moran to DH, and Bell to 1B for a few games just to see how his new throwing motion works out.

I hope as the season progresses that we see less of Moran and more of Hayes when he gets back from COVID. Hayes won't prove anything on the bench or PHing.
IABucFan

Post by IABucFan »

61696A5D4B6E4946280 wrote: You know how they said there's no minor league baseball this year...there is. In Pittsburgh.

Fortunately, there's also MLB games in Pittsburgh this summer. too bad it's only when the Blue Jays play there.

NM...guess there’s only minor league baseball at PNC this year. Same as every other year.
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

At least we had a pulse for a few years there....

Maybe Shed can dig a couple shovels full of that great big stack of money he has and get the BJ's equipment manager to switch uniforms in the lockers for us.  He probably feels sorry enough for us to do it.

Seeing as their own government doesn't want them, and we accepted them warmly, they should put "Pittsburgh" on their unis and call themselves the Black & Gold Jays.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

406169406B63040 wrote: 1. Kevin Newman (R) SS

2. Bryan Reynolds (S) LF

3. Adam Frazier (L) 2B

4. Josh Bell (S) DH

5. Colin Moran (L) 3B

6. Jose Osuna (R) 1B

7. Cole Tucker (S) RF

8. Jacob Stallings (R) C

9. Jarrod Dyson (L) CF

I agree that Frazier and Reynolds should be switched.  I might also switch Osuna to 3B, Moran to DH, and Bell to 1B for a few games just to see how his new throwing motion works out. 

I hope as the season progresses that we see less of Moran and more of Hayes when he gets back from COVID.  Hayes won't prove anything on the bench or PHing.

I agree. This is the perfect season to let Hayes get his feet wet and get a head start on next year.
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

Fans: Let's see what Hayes has.

Cherington: I see that his feet are wet.
WildwoodDave

Post by WildwoodDave »

292122150326010E600 wrote: You know how they said there's no minor league baseball this year...there is. In Pittsburgh.

NM...guess there’s only minor league baseball at PNC this year. Same as every other year.

State of Pa. has turned down the Blue Jays.