Pittsburgh Blue Jays.

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SammyKhalifa

Pittsburgh Blue Jays.

Post by SammyKhalifa »

It's starting to sound pretty official the the Blue Jays will be playing their home games at PNC Park.

I think that's kind of fun. At least there's something in all of this.
DemDog

Pittsburgh Blue Jays.

Post by DemDog »

I wonder if AT&T Sportnet will do any of the games when the Bucs are off and the Jays are playing at PNC Park. That would be great for hardcore baseball fans.
ChitownBucco

Pittsburgh Blue Jays.

Post by ChitownBucco »

That would be fun but the existing tv and licensing agreements that the bluejays and mlb have in place would prob make that a bit too complicated and expensive to make it worthwhile
Javy

Pittsburgh Blue Jays.

Post by Javy »

As I do not get the Bucs on TV, living in New Jersey, I'll get to see the Jays when they play the Phillies.

Best of 2 worlds - a team with talented and exciting young players, and a beautiful ballpark!
2drfischer@gmail.c

Pittsburgh Blue Jays.

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

I just may go out later today and get me a Jays hat.
Javy

Pittsburgh Blue Jays.

Post by Javy »

7F293F2B243E2E25283F0D2A202C2421632E4D0 wrote: I just may go out later today and get me a Jays hat.

Just think Doc, if fans were allowed to attend, the Jays would likely draw more Pirates fans than the Bucs. Wouldn't it be a kick in the butt if that happened and all of the gate receipts went to Toronto instead of Bob?
ArnoldRothstein

Pittsburgh Blue Jays.

Post by ArnoldRothstein »

So if someone in Pittsburgh gets MLB.tv, they'll be able to watch Blue Jay games, but not Pirate games from the same ballpark.
GreenWeenie

Pittsburgh Blue Jays.

Post by GreenWeenie »

Blessing in disguise.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Pittsburgh Blue Jays.

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

4E65727D040 wrote: I just may go out later today and get me a Jays hat.

Just think Doc, if fans were allowed to attend, the Jays would likely draw more Pirates fans than the Bucs. Wouldn't it be a kick in the butt if that happened and all of the gate receipts went to Toronto instead of Bob?

It sure would be.  I wonder if Nutting would learn anything if that were to happen, though?  My guess is he wouldn't.  He didn't learn from the playoff years that if he has a good team fans will come, leading to higher revenues.  He's content with playing it safe and collecting his money just by being an owner.
JollyRoger

Pittsburgh Blue Jays.

Post by JollyRoger »

The fans in Pittsburgh would actually get to see a real ML ball club.

Unfortunately the State of Pennsylvania shut it down