2. Kevin Newman (R) SS

3. Josh Bell (S) 1B

4. Colin Moran (L) DH

5. Bryan Reynolds (S) LF

6. Phillip Evans (R) 3B

7. Guillermo Heredia (R) CF

8. Cole Tucker (S) RF

9. John Ryan Murphy (R) C

Team BA is .174 (28th in MLB). Team OBP is .241 (30th).
DemDog

7/28 game thread vs Milw

Post by DemDog »

Okay Shelty-why Bell at 1B, put Column there and let Bell DH. I like Evans at 3B but what is with no Polanco? Is he still messed up with the COVID or is it something else. Let's hope that Tucker can find his stroke. And let's see how long it takes for Holland to tossed tonight! ;D
2drfischer@gmail.c

7/28 game thread vs Milw

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

15343C153E36510 wrote: Okay Shelty-why Bell at 1B, put Column there and let Bell DH.  I like Evans at 3B but what is with no Polanco?  Is he still messed up with the COVID or is it something else.  Let's hope that Tucker can find his stroke.  And let's see how long it takes for Holland to tossed tonight!  ;D

I'm fine with Polanco out of the line-up but I'd prefer Osuna take his place rather than Tucker and his light bat play out of position.
shedman

7/28 game thread vs Milw

Post by shedman »

Okay Ben, do you even have a pulse? Mike Foltynewicz is sitting out there at 28 years old and 1 year removed from a sub 3.00 ERA. What on earth will it take for you to DO SOMETHING?
DemDog

7/28 game thread vs Milw

Post by DemDog »

7E283E2A253F2F24293E0C2B212D2520622F4C0 wrote: Okay Shelty-why Bell at 1B, put Column there and let Bell DH.  I like Evans at 3B but what is with no Polanco?  Is he still messed up with the COVID or is it something else.  Let's hope that Tucker can find his stroke.  And let's see how long it takes for Holland to tossed tonight!  ;D

I'm fine with Polanco out of the line-up but I'd prefer Osuna take his place rather than Tucker and his light bat play out of position.

You make a good point about Osuna. I give Tucker this homestand to find some kind of groove and if he doesn't then go to Osuna in RF. As for Polanco, I think he may be toast when you think about him.
2drfischer@gmail.c

7/28 game thread vs Milw

78636E6F666A650B0 wrote: Okay Ben, do you even have a pulse? Mike Foltynewicz is sitting out there at 28 years old and 1 year removed from a sub 3.00 ERA.  What on earth will it take for you to DO SOMETHING?

Ben's a good guy.  If he brings Foltynewicz here, it'll ruin his career.  Poor Folty would end up 1-10, his confidence shattered as he watches the defense boot balls and throw to the wrong base, and the offense hit .194 with runners in scoring position.  He'll never be able to walk onto a baseball field again after September.
2drfischer@gmail.c

7/28 game thread vs Milw

6A4B436A41492E0 wrote: Okay Shelty-why Bell at 1B, put Column there and let Bell DH.  I like Evans at 3B but what is with no Polanco?  Is he still messed up with the COVID or is it something else.  Let's hope that Tucker can find his stroke.  And let's see how long it takes for Holland to tossed tonight!  ;D

You make a good point about Osuna.  I give Tucker this homestand to find some kind of groove and if he doesn't then go to Osuna in RF.  As for Polanco, I think he may be toast when you think about him.

I don't mind Tucker getting some starts but I think it ought to be at SS, where he's comfortable.  I think that could lead to him being more comfortable going to the plate.

I want Osuna in the line-up because he brings power, something lacking with this current team.  While he's not really a right fielder, I actually trust him more than I do the, uh, adventurous Polanco.
GreenWeenie

7/28 game thread vs Milw

Post by GreenWeenie »

Tucker belongs in the minor leagues.
2drfischer@gmail.c

7/28 game thread vs Milw

I see the 2-0 lead has turned into a 5-2 deficit. It's going to be a long short season.
shedman

7/28 game thread vs Milw

Post by shedman »

Depozo came in and gave up 3 runs without recording an out. I am not sure he is even a good AAA player let alone major leaguer.