Bobster21

Game Thread - July 30 - Bucs @ Cubbies

Post by Bobster21 »

(July 31)

I hate having to wait for 8:15 starts.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

No Osuna again? I can only imagine he can't wait to get out of here so he can get a real chance elsewhere.
shedman

Post by shedman »

194F594D425848434E596B4C464A424705482B0 wrote: No Osuna again?  I can only imagine he can't wait to get out of here so he can get a real chance elsewhere.
_____

Is Osuna getting close to FA?
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

28333E3F363A355B0 wrote: No Osuna again?  I can only imagine he can't wait to get out of here so he can get a real chance elsewhere.
_____

Is Osuna getting close to FA?
Not until 2024 per baseballreference. But arb eligible next year. So they can keep him on the bench where he won't be productive.
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

Or, give him a desk in the GM's office.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

They way Polanco has been playing Osuna should replace him as DH, or let him play first and let Bell DH. I also like it when Evans is in the lineup, but someone else would have to sit if Evans and Osuna both started.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

I have one question about Bell and his defense. Has anyone seen or heard about his new sidearm throwing motion yet? If he can make the decent throws then his defense will be better, not GG worthy but enough to play 1B rather than DH.

The problem for the Bucs is that they have 2 good hitters with power but play defense like a screen door in a submarine.
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

That's only one of their problems.  And, judging by his BA, I wouldn't call him a good hitter.  He's Pedro Alvarez good.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

040809525B525A57504F55620 wrote: They way Polanco has been playing Osuna should replace him as DH, or let him play first and let Bell DH. I also like it when Evans is in the lineup, but someone else would have to sit if Evans and Osuna both started.

I've seen articles and heard reports on radio and television about how impressive Polanco was throughout Spring Training and the workouts in July. Now I realize why: he was hitting against Pirates pitching. Even with the DH I don't think he should be in the line-up, which might say more about the line-up than it does about Polanco.

He has to go. The problem is that he isn't very good so it's not possible to get any worthwhile return for him. BC has to pray Polanco goes on a 10-day tear soon while at the same time a team in contention has a couple of outfielders go down. Otherwise, the club is stuck with him through the end of his contract. Of course, they could simply release him and hope another team picks him up. Nutting would then save nearly $600,000 over each of the next few years. We know he'd be down with that.