3. Josh Bell (S) 1B

4. Colin Moran (L) DH

5. Bryan Reynolds (S) LF

6. Gregory Polanco (L) RF

7. Phillip Evans (R) 3B

8. Jarrod Dyson (L) CF

9. John Ryan Murphy (R) C

Mitch Keller (R) SP

Were is Osuna? Stallings? Tucker? Players that may matter in the future.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Game Thread - 8/1 - Bucs @ Cubbies

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

7C5D557C575F380 wrote: 1. Adam Frazier (L) 2B

2. Kevin Newman (R) SS

3. Josh Bell (S) 1B

4. Colin Moran (L) DH

5. Bryan Reynolds (S) LF

7. Phillip Evans (R) 3B

8. Jarrod Dyson (L) CF

Mitch Keller (R) SP

Were is Osuna?  Stallings?  Tucker?  Players that may matter in the future.

I'd love to hear the truth as to why Osuna hasn't played in so long. If it's because of Polanco's return, he continues to prove with each game that it isn't earned. They have him batting sixth. If he's so important and gifted, why not higher in the order?
steve49

Post by steve49 »

0355435758425259544371565C50585D1F52310 wrote: 1. Adam Frazier (L) 2B

2. Kevin Newman (R) SS

3. Josh Bell (S) 1B

4. Colin Moran (L) DH

5. Bryan Reynolds (S) LF

7. Phillip Evans (R) 3B

8. Jarrod Dyson (L) CF

Mitch Keller (R) SP

I'd love to hear the truth as to why Osuna hasn't played in so long.  If it's because of Polanco's return, he continues to prove with each game that it isn't earned.  They have him batting sixth.  If he's so important and gifted, why not higher in the order? 

Looks to me like it's Osuna or Evans. I don't see how you fit both without Reynolds or Polanco playing CF. Evans is a plus defensive 3rd baseman and swings it OK. So either Evans plays once every 3 days rather then twice every 3 days , there's not much room for Osuna ? Bell or Moran day off would provide a spot also.

That all said , I hear you. With such a terrible lineup , it's hard to not think Osuna should get more abs. Maybe deserves some of Polanco abs but I think you have to give Polanco the chance to get his timing and see if he is a major league caliber right fielder.

Bottom line is this all sucks. Only bright spot I've seen is Burdi and that's a pretty small sample size to get excited about.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

22253427346568510 wrote: 1. Adam Frazier (L) 2B

2. Kevin Newman (R) SS

3. Josh Bell (S) 1B

4. Colin Moran (L) DH

5. Bryan Reynolds (S) LF

7. Phillip Evans (R) 3B

8. Jarrod Dyson (L) CF

Mitch Keller (R) SP

I'd love to hear the truth as to why Osuna hasn't played in so long.  If it's because of Polanco's return, he continues to prove with each game that it isn't earned.  They have him batting sixth.  If he's so important and gifted, why not higher in the order? 

Looks to me like it's Osuna or Evans. I don't see how you fit both without Reynolds or Polanco playing CF. Evans is a plus defensive 3rd baseman and swings it OK. So either Evans plays once every 3 days rather then twice every 3 days , there's not much room for Osuna ? Bell or Moran day off would provide a spot also.

That all said , I hear you. With such a terrible lineup , it's hard to not think Osuna should get more abs. Maybe deserves some of Polanco abs but I think you have to give Polanco the chance to get his timing and see if he is a major league caliber right fielder.

Bottom line is this all sucks. Only bright spot I've seen is Burdi and that's a pretty small sample size to get excited about.

Osuna plays 1B, 3B and OF. Between those and DH it would seem he could start 3-4 games a week without anyone else sitting more than once. So far I'm very disappointed in Shelton's handling of his roster.
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

Well, somebody has to manage this team.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

6F68796A7928251C0 wrote: 1. Adam Frazier (L) 2B

2. Kevin Newman (R) SS

3. Josh Bell (S) 1B

4. Colin Moran (L) DH

5. Bryan Reynolds (S) LF

7. Phillip Evans (R) 3B

8. Jarrod Dyson (L) CF

Mitch Keller (R) SP

Moran has earned playing time. I'd continue to play him until he falls off a cliff. Bell is the team's best power hitter and must play. Evans is a better defender at 3B than Polanco is in RF so, if they both hit the same, the team is better off playing Evans at 3B and Osuna, a more dangerous hitter than Polanco, in my opinion, in RF.

As far as Polanco needing a chance to prove he can play well enough in RF, he's proven to me over his years here that he's a defensive liability.
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

Not only is Polanco a defensive liabilty, but his offense isn't nearly enough to overlook that.

It's been that way for some time. We can't win without better talent. Don't care how it's acquired. We need to acquire it.

The question is- when do we finally get around to it?
shedman

Post by shedman »

McHenry is going on and on about how great Keller is while the baseballs are flying out of the park.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

5C474A4B424E412F0 wrote: McHenry is going on and on about how great Keller is while the baseballs are flying out of the park.
Those might be the last HRs Keller gives up this season.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

So far Frazier's hit is my favorite.